Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are ether any TRUE ways to increase gas mileage? i have a 2007 and get 17-18 in town and 20 on the highway. thanx, in advance, for your inputs.

·
Super Moderator
23,463 Posts
are ether any TRUE ways to increase gas mileage? i have a 2007 and get 17-18 in town and 20 on the highway. thanx, in advance, for your inputs.
Welcome Blue Boy!

Right around what I get with my R/T. Nitro is a heavy truck based SUV so doubt that you can expect to increase your mileage with any add-on that I am aware of. Maybe another member has a better reply and suggestion?

·
Registered
24 Posts
If u get a flowmaster or magnaflow exhaust u minimally save fuel by 1 to 2 mpg. If u also get a chip u could save an added 5mpg

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
If u get a flowmaster or magnaflow exhaust u minimally save fuel by 1 to 2 mpg. If u also get a chip u could save an added 5mpg

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App
This is true, but the chip/programmer are expensive, so it woiuld take some time to get your money back. Also, consider a CAI with an exhaust - easy in and out for the air! I wanted to install a Borla tip. In order for it to be mounted properly, I had to remove the resonator. This gave me a 2-3mpg combined advantage! It is a little louder, but I only notice it in the garage. I may add a flow master muffler, but I am concerned about the noise inside the truck, as I like my music! I have read that it is a waste of $ to replace the whole exhaust system, as the stock system has no restrictions!

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts