Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... just stopped in to introduce myself. My name is Danny and I just bought a 2011 Nitro Heat this past weekend. I got the all white one with sunroof and media center 430. I upgraded from a 2005 Ford Escape. I don't have one bad thing to say about the Escape... it was great the entire time I had it. It was just time to get rid of it because I racked up tons of miles driving back and forth to work and it was starting to nickel and dime us! I got a great deal on the Nitro so I couldn't say no! Nice to meet everyone!

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Welcome. Nice ride in white - I bought a silver one 2 months ago. The only other one they had on the lot was a red Heat w/sunroof, but I liked it in silver better. Now the dealer has an orange Detonator - I'm thinking I should have waited a month! Oh well, I am extremely pleased with my silver Nitro. Just out of curiosity, what was your mileage like with the Escape? Was yours a 4 or V6? The only reason I ask was the Escape was going to be my second choice, and I don't believe any of the mileage reports from the commercials! :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the "welcomes"! The Escape I had was a 6 cylinder and I'd say it got right around 16-18 mpg. When traveling down 95 to Myrtle Beach I got about 22 mpg. Can't complain though, it was a great car! Does anyone have long trip experience with a 2011 3.7 like mine? I know the sticker said 16-21mpg, but might it get above 21 when going to Myrtle Beach this summer?

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Thanks for the "welcomes"! The Escape I had was a 6 cylinder and I'd say it got right around 16-18 mpg. When traveling down 95 to Myrtle Beach I got about 22 mpg. Can't complain though, it was a great car! Does anyone have long trip experience with a 2011 3.7 like mine? I know the sticker said 16-21mpg, but might it get above 21 when going to Myrtle Beach this summer?
I get about 22/23 going 73 on I69 to Indy. I just did a combo city/highway check and got 20 mpg! I'm a happy camper! Thanks for the info on the Escape - now I am glad I got the Nitro! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
23,463 Posts
Hey everyone... just stopped in to introduce myself. My name is Danny and I just bought a 2011 Nitro Heat this past weekend. I got the all white one with sunroof and media center 430. I upgraded from a 2005 Ford Escape. I don't have one bad thing to say about the Escape... it was great the entire time I had it. It was just time to get rid of it because I racked up tons of miles driving back and forth to work and it was starting to nickel and dime us! I got a great deal on the Nitro so I couldn't say no! Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome Danny and your looks mainly like mine did when I ordered / purchased my Nitro new in 2007! (before a few modifications) Needless to say I love it and yours too. Good Luck with your new ride & WELCOME.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi there!

Ive got a Black Dodge Nitro-07 SE 2,8 turbodiesel engine 177 horsepower 4X4 :D

Had just order some chromeparts from USA.

Its the doorhandles and the tailgate handle,so far.

Going to order a chrome fueldoor (racingstyle),and some custom mud flaps.
want sidesteps to....

Also new 17" rims and tires.Dont want it bigger,thera are no smoothe riding with like 22"

I want to bling the car but not to much, dont like it "overpimped" just cool and nice.:rolleyes:
Will try and send a pic when its ready.

Any one who know how to place a pic on this side?

XX Miss Nitro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts