Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just bought a brand new USED 08 Nitro, Sunburst Orange, 11k. we also have a 06 GMC 2500 Diesel.. Had to park it cause of prices. I really like the looks of the Nitro, but so far I'm not impressed with the fuel mileage. Better do better. was getting 16.9 1st tank, we live way out of town, so I think it should be doing better than that. Anyways besides that, Love it, and wanted to check out this site, so Hi.. Jeanneintexas

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey there jeanneintexas. Welcome to the forum. 16.9 mpg is not bad for a Nitro with city driving. If you do majority hwy driving, it should improve some. You should get 21-22 on hwy. I have an R/T, about 18 months old. Primarily city driving, but with several cross country trips. I have kept records since new. My overall average is 17.3 mpg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So East Texas? where abouts.. I'm a Texas trans-plant from northern Ohio..west of Cleveland.. We've been down here a little over 2 years. Prairie Hill.. Outside of Waco.. Thanks for the info, I love it anyway.. my Husband say's it's my foot!!!, (I have a small foot) LOL.

·
Registered
141 Posts
We are in Longview.

Don't know about your lead foot, but the Nitro is a heavy vehicle. Not too many SUVs this size can do better with the mileage. The Nitro is pretty tough. I would definitely say I am satisfied with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
mileage

I am also a nitro owner had it for two weeks now. I hear alot of people whining about the mileage. My nitro gets 18 in the city 3.7 V6 and I am in Vancouver Canada mine it fully loaded and I love it. The nitro is built on a jeep chassis so it is protective the event of a accident. This is also a midsize suv so it does better mileage then a lot of the suv's out there. It uses one more kilometer more then my 2005 grand caravan did and the motor was a 3.3 V6. I have had three mini vans and this was a compromise between a truck and a mini van. Kids are grown up and we wanted something sporty.
The Ford Escape gets great mileage but it is small lightweight and has no guts.
I know we are concerned about gas thats why I lease the hybrids will come down and be more affordable in a few more years. So drive you new nitro it will turn some heads and enjoy it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We flashed the computer, and added a fuel booster, and this last tank we got 20.3 mpg.. YEA!!!! I'm happy.. YES it does turn heads doesn't it!!! I've been having problems with the blinkers though, I've read that others have had that problem,,it's gonna go in for a service call, but I don't like to let it out of my site for long, so I don't know when. LOL Jeanne

·
Registered
5 Posts
What fuel booster and how did you "flash the computer?" I also own a 99 F350 with the 7.3 Diesel and have a Bully Dog chip on it which improves the mileage a good bit. At this point, my Nitro is getting a little better mileage than the F350 - but not by much (and the 350 weighs 9000 lbs.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts