Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 08 Nitro R/T with 95,000 kms.

My question is that the Dimmer switch that controls your brightness of your dash lights does not work at all. I turn it every which way and nothing happens.

Also i have no lights illuminating where the shifter is, its very hard to see at night what position the transmission is in. (im aware it shows on the cluster)

Are these common problems? is this something i can get fixed under warranty?

Thanks in advance
Chuck

·
Super Moderator
23,452 Posts
Welcome Chuck!

I can't be of any help but there is a bulb for the shifter when the lights are on. Don't know the number. Also if you use the multifunction lever dimmer it should turn on the inside dome lamp, when fully turned. Does that work? If so guess the fuse is O.K. If not maybe one fuse is out to correct both, but again not sure when looking at the U.S Owners Manual.

If you figure out what corrects these issues please post your solutions. Good Luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing on the dimmer switch works, not even the dome light. Where might I find the fuse for it? How hard would it be to change that bulb for the shifter light?

cheers!

·
Super Moderator
23,452 Posts
Here is a post from one of our Sister Groups for a Dodge Charger that looks about the same. Just "Click" on this Link to view. May be of some help.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140862

Still not sure about the fuse but M20 (15 Amp Blue) says Cabin Compartment Interior Light so maybe that would be a start.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuses turned out all good and today my shifter lights magically turned on but now they are back to being off again. Looks like I'm at the point where I'm going to replace the multifunction switch.

·
Super Moderator
23,452 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts