Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve been told I need a new rear axle but struggling to find one in the U.K. is there any of the Jeep range which have the same rear axle?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,330 Posts
Rear Axle Dodge NITRO 2.8 CRD 4wd 06.07- 52114729AB

OR

Product Identifiers

BRAND
Dodge
MPN
2W125234
eBay Product ID (ePID)

Product Key Features

Type
Rear Axle
Placement on Vehicle
Rear, Front
Manufacturer Part Number
2W125234

Sorry Chris

Not much info here on your vehicle. Could be the same as the US gas Nitro, but since they were NOT sold in the U.S, not sure.

Dorman 630-401 Axle Shaft - Direct Fit
Manufacturer Number: 630-401

Highlights

Product Fit:
Direct Fit
Quantity Sold:
Sold Individually
Leaves Warehouse in:
1-2 Business Days
Replaces OE Number:
Warranty:
Lifetime Dorman limited warranty

SHAFT. Axle Rear.
Part Number: 52114548AC

Includes Tone Ring. [497], Use With Axle Shaft Diameter of 43.3mm.

Part Number: 52114548AB (52114548AA)

Includes Tone Ring. Use With Axle Shaft Diameter of 41.1mm.

Factory Chrysler Parts

·
Super Moderator
23,330 Posts
If you could figure out what shaft # you need several firms here in the US sends Nitro parts worldwide (MOPAR 52114548AC Axle Shaft) like Rock Auto otherwise you may consider installing a used complete rear end from a scrap yard. Good Luck and sorry not to be of any help.

Example

2007-10 DODGE NITRO Rear Axle Assembly 8-1/4 3.55 DMD Warranty OEM Autogator

Condition:
Used

“w/calipers, non locking”
Compatibility:
See compatible vehicles

Price:
US $300.00

·
Super Moderator
23,330 Posts
Replacing Nitro Rear Axle Bearing

2009 Dodge Nitro SE Rear Wheel Bearing Removal & Replacement

I need to replace my rear wheel bearing but cannot afford to have a mechanic do it. My vehicle is a 4x4 and my husband says he's never replaced any in a 4x4 vehicle so he's not sure how to do it. He also mentioned not being sure what tools to use. Can anyone walk us through on how to remove and replace the wheel bearings and I'm assuming assembly kit by what I've seen online so far. Also, what tools he will need? We just had our third child so are short my pay check at the moment, and with school starting. Well, we really need my vehicle up to par! Please, please help me if you can!

This is an axle shaft bearing not the wheel bearing as there isn't one on this vehicle. See pics. Make sure to check axle shaft for galling and any other damage to it prior to installing a new bearing. Also a special tool is REQUIRED to remove axle shaft bearing. Not sure if auto parts has that for rent or not, maybe a tool rental will.

Continued HERE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, it’s the rear diff that’s broken and been informed to get a whole rear axle.
Can I buy a diff separately or do I need the whole axle?

·
Super Moderator
23,330 Posts
Thanks for the reply, it’s the rear diff that’s broken and been informed to get a whole rear axle.
Can I buy a diff separately or do I need the whole axle?

Chris
I thought you were referring to the axle only that you needed, but if you need the center section (diff) it is up to you. Ask who is going to do the service. It may be easier to replace the whole rear end assembly used if the price is right. Guess it depends on the total cost both ways. Either way I doubt that you would want to purchase new parts because of the expense. Good Luck and welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts