Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Nitro for European Driving

7K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  rickaren 
#1 ·
Hi we have a 2009 Dodge Nitro right hand drive, however we are going to be spending some time in Europe and although we could use beam benders I was looking to see if there is a different solution.
My husband thinks that he read somewhere that there is an adjustment on the headlight itself where you can change the angle from right to left.

Does anyone know if this is the case, and if so how to do it?

Thank you for reading

#2 ·
I do know that there is an adjustment for up and down, but I am not aware of an adjustment for left to right.

:cool:

#4 ·
I think that the adjustment moves the whole head light assembly up and down; not just the bulb. But, I could be wrong!

#6 ·
No. I'm talking about the headlights. EU law requires headlights to be able to be moved up an down, similar to our High/Low Beams. However, theirs is a mechanical/electrical adjustment, I think with 3 positions. They have an additional switch on the panel below our heater controls. I do not think that the US version can be modded for this.

#7 · (Edited)
I think babyblue is in England, taking their Nitro to Europe, which would mean changing low beam aiming to the right of hi beam. There is a clip on lens that bend the beam for round lamps. Even if there was a screw to tilt the lamp side to side, the low beam would still aim to to the left on their car.

#8 ·
I didn't catch that she was from England, and was unaware that the switch only controlled the beam on the driver's side. I learned something new today. Thank you.

#10 ·
I never knew this. But, I guess that I really never thought about it because the UK drives on the "wrong" side! LOL

#12 ·
I never did understand the reasoning behind driving on the wrong side: sort of like driving a boat! Happy New Year.

#13 · (Edited)
Happy new year to you and all our members. Did Britain, being a maritime nation, choose to drive as a boat? As far as I can tell, in the early days the auto steering wheel was on either side depending on the maker. I'm left handed and coming from UK, changing gear with my left hand felt more natural. I can understand the urge for right handed people to want to change gear with their right hand so the car in most of the world is designed for right handed people. Once again left handed people are marginalized...lol.

#14 ·
Never thought of it that way! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.