Dodge Nitro Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just reread the thread. I can honestly say that I made a big deal out of nothing and I probably sparked the fire. BUT, I hope everyone realizes that everyone said some out of line remarks that were not called for, including me. I want to apologize to anyone I offended. I acted very immaturely and I am sure a lot of people's opinions of me changed. Thank you fenrir for showing us how silly it really was. Again, I am sorry that things got out of hand.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts

Okay, thanks for restoring my faith and some sanity back to this thread with the last two posts.
We are all entitled to our opinions, and to discuss them is exactly what this board is all about, BUT personal attacks are OFF LIMITS!

Please keep all further comments focused on the topic..

Thank you!

·
Registered
162 Posts
thankyou.

HEMEEE said:

Okay, thanks for restoring my faith and some sanity back to this thread with the last two posts.
We are all entitled to our opinions, and to discuss them is exactly what this board is all about, BUT personal attacks are OFF LIMITS!

Please keep all further comments focused on the topic..

Thank you!
:D thankyou for your help hemeee!!!

mcnabb in louisiana............

·
Registered
16 Posts
O.K i havent posted in a while,so i will! IM glad everyone involved is PLAYING NICE, the lifes TOO short ! BSBOB:D HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Back to the Lifetime Warranty

So much was said about the lifetime warranty, however, I want to know if you all are speaking of the add-on all moving parts lifetime warranty.

I just bought my 07 Nitro R/T and paid 1900.00 for a lifetime warranty that covers ALL moving parts. Which includes anything from the AC, power windows to an entire engine replacement. I was specific in questioning the guys at the dealership about how long it would last and what it would cover. They said if I owned the Nitro for 20 years and had over 200k miles on it, and my engine went out: All I would pay is the 100.00 deductable.

So, is this the same add-on warranty you all are speaking of? If not, have any of you heard about this new offering from Dodge / Jeep / Chrys?

Thanks much,
Sheri

·
Registered
162 Posts
hello dallasblu....

dallasblu said:
So much was said about the lifetime warranty, however, I want to know if you all are speaking of the add-on all moving parts lifetime warranty.

I just bought my 07 Nitro R/T and paid 1900.00 for a lifetime warranty that covers ALL moving parts. Which includes anything from the AC, power windows to an entire engine replacement. I was specific in questioning the guys at the dealership about how long it would last and what it would cover. They said if I owned the Nitro for 20 years and had over 200k miles on it, and my engine went out: All I would pay is the 100.00 deductable.

So, is this the same add-on warranty you all are speaking of? If not, have any of you heard about this new offering from Dodge / Jeep / Chrys?

Thanks much,
Sheri
:) the lifetime powertrain warranty that i was talking about is not the same as what you have purchased. mine is just for the engine and components, drive shaft, transmission and some seals related to these items. your warranty sounds much better, the only thing that i would be concerned about is once your nitro gets older and more miles are put on it and it comes down to you needing a major repair on it, say the engine needs replacing; if the cost of the new engine is $5000.00, you need to ask the dodge dealership if they will pay the full price of the $5000.00, minus the $100 deductible, no matter how old your nitro is and no matter how many miles you have on it and also ask them if the contract will still be active, not cancelled!

on my issue, i have two documents. on the one from the dodge dealership, it does state a limited lifetime powertrain warranty and i did go over all issues with them on what this meant and the only thing the dealership explained was that i had to bring my nitro in every 5 years for a free inspection of the powertrain system by the dealership and also the warranty could not be transferred to another individual if i sell the nitro to them. i signed my signature on this document, meaning that i agree and want it. thats it, nothing else.

the second document i received was from daimler/chrysler and it goes into details that were not discussed with me while i was at the dealership and at no other time. i'll repeat it again but with less words, basically, daimler/chrysler said that if the nada retail value of my vehicle is less than the amount of the needed repair then i would have to dish out the remaining money out of my pocket and then the contract would be terminated! also, on this contract document, there is no place on it that says limited powertrain warranty. i did not sign on this document.

have you received a document from daimler/chrysler? if so, read it well.
to verify what you have is true and if you have doubts about your contract, maybe you can get it notorized or even "just ask" a lawyer for advice, thats all.

i have not heard of the warranty that you have, i know that they have a few out there. i hope that my issue is not just an isolated one. i hope that i have helped you out and not confused you any. this issue with my dealership and daimler/chrysler is still open for discussion. good luck to you and if need more talk, let me know.

mcnabb in louisiana............

·
Super Moderator
23,559 Posts
Chrysler drops lifetime warranty

August 19th, 2009

Chrysler is dropping its lifetime warranty from 2010 models, though it will remain on 2009 models. Instead, the company will provide a free 5 year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, which, instead of being transferable, is assigned to the car itself, so that anyone who buys a used 2010 Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep second-hand, third-hand, etc., can get service without having to transfer the warranty.

The new 5/100 plan has no deductible. It is accompanied by the usual basic 3/36 warranty, 5/100 corrosion, coverage, and extended Federal emissions warranty.

Exceptions to the new warranty plan are the Sprinter (assembled by Freightliner from Mercedes kits), diesel-powered trucks, Sterling trucks, company car vehicles, Volkswagen Routan, and Mitsubishi Raider.

SRT vehicles and fleet vehicles (including police, postal, ambulance, and taxi) were not covered by the lifetime powertrain warranty, but will be covered by 5/100.

The change may have been spurred by the costs of paperwork and tracking of older vehicles with the lifetime warranty, and by customers’ cynicism about the lifetime plan.

LINK:http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2009/08/chrysler-drops-lifetime-warranty

Just a thought, do you think the "old" Chrysler started the "Lifetime Powertrain Warranty" because they knew they might go out-of-business or Bankrupt if they could not find someone to buy them, so they had nothing to loose? Now Fiat, as the new Owner, has decided we can't afford this!

·
Administrator
171 Posts

According to a report from the Pentastar nuts over at AllPar, Chrysler will be dropping its lifetime powertrain warranty on almost all of its vehicles. But it's not all bad news.

Back when Chrysler introduced the seemingly too-good-to-be-true warranty it didn't overly publicize the fact that it wasn't transferable. As a result, plenty of second hand Chrysler buyers got burned, as once a car changed hands it only retained a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.

Now the lifetime warranty is being replaced by a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty that is transferable.

Additionally, the new warranty will cover plenty of Chrysler vehicles that were not covered under the old plan, including all fleet vehicles (like police, postal, ambulance and taxis). The exceptions to the warranty are Sprinter trucks, all diesel trucks, Sterling trucks and company car vehicles.

More: Report: Chrysler Drops Lifetime Powertrain Warranty on AutoGuide.com

·
Super Moderator
23,559 Posts
Five-year, transferable powertrain warranty adopted

Five-year, transferable powertrain warranty adopted

Posted Thursday, Aug 20, 2009, 1:59 pm in Employee News

Last modified on Thursday, Aug 20, 2009, 5:40 pm.

Chrysler Group LLC said Wednesday that it is dropping its lifetime powertrain warranty in favor of a five-year, 100,000-mile guarantee, the Associated Press reported. The change is effective with the start of the 2010 model year.

Chrysler spokesman Rick Deneau said the decision was driven by market research that showed consumers prefer warranties with a fixed time period, the story said. Powertrain warranties typically cover repair or replacement of transmission and engine parts.

“Basically, the assumption of a lifetime warranty just wasn’t that big a deal to consumers,” Deneau told the news service. The five-year, 100,000-mile warranties will be transferable to new owners if the vehicles are sold before they run out, he said. The previous lifetime warranties were not transferable, the story said.

The Associated Press said the new warranty program also includes the automaker’s SRT and Viper models, which were excluded from the lifetime warranty. But the Sprinter van and the diesel version of the Ram pickup remain excluded, Deneau told the news service.

Company officials said in a statement that dealers had been notified that, beginning with the 2010 model year, most Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles, including SRT models, will be covered by a five-year/100,000-mile fully transferable powertrain warranty. The five-year/100,000-mile warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components—engine, transmission and drive system. This warranty replaces the Lifetime Powertrain warranty the company implemented in July 2007, which was not transferable.

The company’s consumer research indicated that transferability was an appealing attribute of any warranty plan as was having a defined time frame on coverage. This change gives consumers something they can easily understand and adds value to their ownership experience.

(Associated Press/Detroit Free Press)

·
Super Moderator
23,559 Posts
Lifetime warranty to return as an upgrade?

Lifetime warranty to return as an upgrade?

August 29th, 2009

While Chrysler’s lifetime warranty made a splash when it was first introduced, it seems that many, perhaps even most, customers did not believe in it, assuming that Chrysler was planning to drop support for the warranty through bankruptcy or an ownership change. (It did not help that at least one dealer losing their franchises called customers to claim that Chrysler was 100% owned by Fiat and had dropped all warranty coverage.)

Source oh2o, who has amassed a strong record for reliability, wrote that not only will 2009-model-year vehicles continue to have lifetime powertrain warranties, but that the company would offer that warranty as an option for vehicles with a 3/36 warranty (some exclusions would apply, for vehicles with diesels and other special cases). Chrysler will soon announce a new lifetime upgrade for 2010 vehicles with a 5/100 PT warranty, according to oh2o.

LINK: http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2009/08/lifetime-warranty-to-return-as-an-upgrade

·
Super Moderator
23,559 Posts
11/02/2011

If you purchased a NEW 2007 or 2008 Nitro (or other model) ON or AFTER July 26, 2007 and are the original owner, your vehicle has a LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY!

You may be unaware of this fact since it is not included in many Owners Manuals.

You may also not be aware that to maintain this warranty you must have your Dealership inspect your vehicle every FIVE years at no charge to you. So on July 26, or after in 2012, original owners of Dodge Nitros will start being required to start these inspections, depending on your sale/delivery date!

For me I may be one of the first with a start date of July 27, 2007 and due for this free inspection of July 27, 2012 (within 60 days).

At this time it is unclear that you would be notified of this fact by Chrysler and or your Dealership. Talking today with my Service Rep to clarify this inspection date he said the Dealership has not even been advised what to inspect, when these inspections become required starting on July 26, 2012.

If you think my date was an accident or fluke, it was not. This is one major reason I purchased my Nitro!

Below is the Warranty Supplement for you info. You would be well served to mark your purchase date, then add five years in 2012 or 2013 or beyond to your To-Do-List.

I will update what I find was done after 07/27/2012 if my Nitro and myself are still around 9 or 10 months from now!

Good Luck with your 2007/08 Nitro and hopefully you are able to maintain this valuable "No Charge" Factory Warranty!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Go Mopar...........GM can go to Hell!

I am glad to see that Chrysler will honor these warranties after the bankruptcy. It seems GM will not honor warranty issues dealing with the "Old GM". These owners are now stuck with repairs bills for the junk they inadvertantly purchased. I, for one, will NEVER consider the purchase of any GM product, ever.

We bailed them out, they still owe us, and now Allen County gives them a huge tax rebate so they will continue to build pick-up trucks here! What a bunch of crap! Where else would they go? This is the newest truck plant in the country.

:eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Rick, Fishdist checking in. My 2007 Nitro R/T has 127K miles on it and going strong every day. Still gets lots of compliments for the great retro look. No particular signs of wear or getting long in the tooth. I have always subscribed to the notion that you are always planning on the next car and the next boat (whether you need it or not), but I don't find much on what the successor vehicle is likely to be, or if there is one. Can you direct me to that info ?? In looking at what's out there, I don't find another vehicle that combines the features, looks, performance, and tow capability. MY R/T was one of only seven (7) available in the entire western states, out of about 1,500 vehicles (per dealer inventory internet search), so it is truly a rare car. I believe I remember somewhere reading that the successor vehicle would say "Lancia" on the hood. True or false ??

Always enjoy your posts.

Fishdist

·
Super Moderator
23,559 Posts
Thanks for your post. Not sure of any definitive replacement for our loved NITRO. I suspect there may be a new Dodge SUV as a replacement, designed by Fiat but really not much yet in concrete, and I doubt it will be named a "Nitro". Also it will not be in 2012, but 2013/2014 range. Stay-tuned! I was surprised that a large publication just last week did not even list the Nitro as a vehicle going away in 2011. Once that info is out there in print, I suspect more real info about Nitros replacement will come to light.

P.S. Glad to hear your high mileage Nitro has served you well. Enjoy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rick,

I saw a similar article on Yahoo news and, like you, was somewhat mystified by no mention of our favorite car. Nitro must be truly a stealth machine, flying under the radar.

Fishdist

·
Super Moderator
23,559 Posts
Rick,

I saw a similar article on Yahoo news and, like you, was somewhat mystified by no mention of our favorite car. Nitro must be truly a stealth machine, flying under the radar.

Fishdist
Here is another example from today: (11/08/2011)

Chrysler to announce Toledo plans next week

Chrysler Group LLC's plan for its Toledo assembly complex, expected to add 1,105 jobs and an $8 million expansion, will get its official announcement Nov. 16, the Toledo Blade reports.

The expansion would upgrade the company's Jeep Liberty and Dodge Nitro factory. The Blade reports the company's overall plan will call for a total investment of $365 million. Overall production of those vehicles could increase from about 92,000 in 2010 to 327,000 vehicles a year, the newspaper reports.

Chrysler's application for government incentives indicated that it plans to complete the expansion by 2013 and add $36 million in payroll through new production and management jobs, the newspaper reports.
SOURCE

If Nitro stops production next month then production of it will not increase!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Power Train Warranty

I have a 2007 Nitro, I bought it new in October of 2006, does the lifetime warranty apply to me? I have been trying get an idea of what a 30,000 mile service consists of and I am getting conflicting answers from dealers, should I just go by what the manual states which is different than the dealers?

Thanks J

·
Super Moderator
23,559 Posts
I have a 2007 Nitro, I bought it new in October of 2006, does the lifetime warranty apply to me? I have been trying get an idea of what a 30,000 mile service consists of and I am getting conflicting answers from dealers, should I just go by what the manual states which is different than the dealers?

Thanks J
SURE DOES, but your every five year inspection (free) must be performed by your Dealership to keep it in force within 60 days of the five years of purchase. Don't know for sure but that you may have passed that in 2011.

However my Dealership told me on my last visit three months ago there had been no guidelines issued yet as to what needs to be inspected? (See above posts)

I have the Chrysler Service Contract for Maintenance and @ 30K (if I ever get that mileage on mine before 2014) it does pay for front & rear axle fluids and transfer case refill. These are expensive and may also be shown in your Owner's Manual as required.

My next visit for an oil change will also be the required free inspection to keep in force my lifetime warranty. I also plan to have a new MOPAR battery installed since the original will be five years old, and it did fail their last inspection, mainly because I just don't drive it much.

Will report back as to what is performed to keep my lifetime warranty.

Let us know what happens after you get your 30K service. Do you still have your "Lifetime Warranty"? Good Luck

41 - 60 of 71 Posts