Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

I'm gonna convert my engine bay a bit to run on a alternative fuel.
Since its more than US$9.00 a gallon over here in the Netherlands, I have to:(

I looked into the different systems who are available in the market and have chosen the BRC lpg system with additional valve lubrication system.
LPG is directly injected into the engine as the fuel injectors do also there is a system called DIRECT LIQIU MAX who uses all stock fuel rails and injectors etc.
They also have similar systems for diesel engines where they add a certian percentage of LPG or CNG gas into the diesel engine.

I have to let go of the spare tire for sure cause a extra ringtank of about 25 gallon is installed in there. pricing is about US$2860
cost effective on its turning point is after 14500km/ 9000mile

In the attachments some information about the PRINS systems
Oh I see I can load it up or some kind of reason.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
finally my propane system is ready

some pictures of the propane system.
I must say I've chosen another system instead what I mentioned above.
The system is now a BRC brand system.
tank is all the same as every other system but the fule pump.The bleu botlle is a automatic extrenal valve lube system.

The black box on the firewall with the hoses attached is de presssure reducer.

On the feeding line of the pressure reducer you see a silver propane fuel filter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the right you see the propane fuelrail with a feeding line and 3 injectors.

since its a V6 on both sides of the engine there is a propanefuelrail with injectors mounted.

overall engine bay is a bit crowded now

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the rear where the spare tire was placed is the new propane tank mounted.
So no spare tire for me but just a can of foamtire fixer.

propane filling nozlle behind the filling cap.

Only thing I have to do now is rearange the wiring cause it looks like a bit of a mess this way.

·
Super Moderator
23,327 Posts
Great Pictures and info!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Great job posting this. I wish that the US was more receptive to these types of modifications. There still aren't many charging stations for electric cars, and not much interest in LPG. :mad:

:cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great info, thanks! What MPG are you getting and have you noticed much loss in performance?

about 7,2km/l -16mpg but depands on my foot:D

I sure have powerlosses with LPG.
when I switch from a long drive to petrol I really noticed the difference when hauling and at the stopsign crossings;) in percentage I would say about +10%loss difference, although the factory says its less than 5%

Great job posting this. I wish that the US was more receptive to these types of modifications. There still aren't many charging stations for electric cars, and not much interest in LPG. :mad:

:cool:
Over here at almost every gas station there is LPG available. But mostly not at gas stations in residential areas due explosion hazard.

We have to find alternative fuels with these ($8.60 a gallon for petrol) prices.
As I drive about 147km-92mile a day for my job its about $42 bucks / 6 gallons a day:eek:
On LPG with $3.50 a gallon it saves me more than 30 bucks a day.

Switching over to electric is no option since I have to pull a trailer some times and mostly these type of cars are way to ugly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts