Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

Does anyone out there have this problem?

My 08 Nitro will run fine for weeks. Today, I was all over town. Turned engine off, ran into house, came out 30minutes later, and car won't start.

I mean won't even try...no crank, nothing. This is not the battery, because the radio and fan came right on.

The only light that stayed lit on the dash is a little central dot in the speedometer on the instrument panel. Manual says it is for "reverse sensor" which I do not have on the Nitro.

The weird thing is that my fobs wouldn't work either. Wouldn't lock or unlock the doors. I even tried hitting the panic button....no crazy horn blaring.

Any ideas? I wonder if there is an electrical problem that anyone else is experiencing.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
23,699 Posts
Believe there is a TSB on that issue on earlier models and if that is the case a Dealer would know how to reprogram your Nitro. Welcome jumpitsonja, sorry not to be of more help but all of this would be covered under warranty including the wrecker bill, I would assume. Any reason not to call your Dealer?

One like this:

Component Description:
3. ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE
Bulletin Number: 08-007-08
Bulletin Date: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2,007 Dodge Nitro

Summary:
NO ENGINE CRANK OR NO ENGINE START DUE TO ELECTRONIC LOCKUP OF THE WCM/SKREEM. ( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10024966 )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks guys. But now I feel dumb. What is a TSB and how do I get to previous threads? Keep trying to put pieces of rickaren's summary in the search engine and it spits it back out.

·
Super Moderator
23,699 Posts
thanks guys. But now I feel dumb. What is a TSB and how do I get to previous threads? Keep trying to put pieces of rickaren's summary in the search engine and it spits it back out.
TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

Anyway something I don't see you being able to fix yourself and would require your Dealer to correct and would be covered under warranty. Why not call your Dealership?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Called 'em and they fixed the wireless control module. Thanks to both of you who responded. Hope its a one-time fix. Hated the Mazda rental.

How do I find these TSBs and read them? I prefer being an informed consumer.

Sonja

·
Super Moderator
23,699 Posts
Called 'em and they fixed the wireless control module. Thanks to both of you who responded. Hope its a one-time fix. Hated the Mazda rental.

How do I find these TSBs and read them? I prefer being an informed consumer.

Sonja
We did have a listing here, but for some reason they were removed. Do a Internet Search and there are other Sites (some require fees or membership). Instead of recalls, Chrysler is now using the wording "Rapid Response" as the below example.

http://www.dodge-nitro.com/dodge-nitro/f11/nitro-rapid-response-transmittal-2572/

These TSBs are used by Dealers to correct known issues, but are not Recalls. When you take your vehicle in for Service these recalls or Rapid Response issues would automatically show up and if you have an issue the Technician would do a search to see if there is a TSB to correct or fix your problem.

One Site I have used to view TBS is Maintenance Schedules, Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins

Good Luck and enjoy your new NITRO, Sonja

·
Super Moderator
23,699 Posts
2008 DODGE NITRO Won't Start...No Crank...1 Click..Solved...

Dec 29, 2019

·
Super Moderator
23,699 Posts
Diagnosing a No Start....2012 DODGE NITRO...Wont Crank....1 Click...Fixed...

Dec 29, 2019

1 - 9 of 9 Posts