Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 Nitro , 2.8 ltr turbo diesel is showing codes p0101 and 0299 , air flow sensor and Turbo under boost.

When driving Turbo just stops working , no power , pull over and stop engine and restart immediately the Turbo is back. Will last 1 kilometre or 100 km's etc and then just looses Turbo again , restart, Turbo is back and cycle starts again.

It has been in to 2 Diesel mechanics and the Dealer a total of 6 times , the air flow sensor and the Solenoid in the Turbo pump have been replaced at a total cost now of $ 2000.00

Still I have the problem , they cannot fix it , The bloody thing apparently is un-repairable , Chrysler have got to be kidding , what's the bloody problem with the car ??? that qualified mechanics and their own Dealers can't fix it.

Any ideas appreciated .

Geoff from Australia .:mad::confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dodge is finnished.

I have continued the repair attempts here to no avail.

It can not be fixed by the Diesel mechanics here.

They can not get any service info on the Nitro , They can't buy any parts except through Chrysler . They are Bosh parts but there is a 'deal' that they do not sell to anyone else.

Even the computer testing companies who can test all other car brands , can not do the Nitro , only the Dealer.

It's a bloody joke and a disgrace , so it's going , I'll be buying a Nissan next week.

So if you are in Australia and thinking of buying a Chrysler , Dodge or Jeep , be warned , RUN to another Dealer , don't touch them with a barge pole.

Chrysler you stink.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey Geoff, i'm having the same problem at the moment have already changed the air flow sensor but still same problem.. Did u get the problem fixed? if so what was it??? As you can appreciate it is doing my head in!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Gene. Sorry for the late reply as I now don't have the Dodge .
I had no success in getting it fixed by 2 Diesel mechanics or the Dealer after spending $ 2,000.00. In the end I was told it could not be diagnosed and now they would just have to start changing parts and computer.
So as I told the Dealer the bloody computers to annalize the problems are useless. They tell them the area that's not working ( Turbo ) , WOW , I new that.

So ,a car that cannot have a fault found by the people who made it , using their computers , you have to be blooding joking.

Got rid of it , Back to Nissan. Chrysler ,Dodge ,Jeep never again for me or anyone I can convince not to buy.

I did not say that if they changed all the remaining parts it would have been another $ 7'000.00.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My understanding is that the wheels are in motion to change laws (in Australia) to force makers to share information with independent repairers as not doing so is anti competitive.

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Big Brother to service your car

Big Brother to service your car

Fiat-Chrysler plans wireless connection to improve 'customer experience'

12/17/2014

Fiat Chrysler Australia wants to introduce what it claims to be an industry-leading ‘big brother’ ability to communicate remotely with its cars as part of its drive to keep customers happy.

New FCA boss Patrick Dougherty revealed the strategy as part of an improved customer experience – the automotive industry buzzword of the moment – seen as necessary to retain the rapidly growing pool of buyers the group is accumulating.

Led by Jeep, with Fiat also growing strongly off a much smaller base, FCA group – which also comprises Chrysler, Dodge, Alfa Romeo and Fiat Professional – sales have grown 33 per cent year-on-year in 2014 to the end of November.

The ability to retain those buyers for servicing, after-sales and multiple vehicle purchases is at the core of the drive for all manufacturers to improve ‘customer experience’.

Volkswagen in Australia, which has had a huge surge in sales in recent years, is widely seen as the poster child for poor ‘customer experience’. It has finished last in the JD Power’s Australia Customer Service Index Study for the last three years.

Dougherty says he is conscious FCA’s quick growth could cause similar issues and he is keen to avoid them. Part of that concern also stems from the more expensive model mix FCA will be selling as Alfa Romeo’s range expands and heads upmarket in the next few years.

“We are looking at how you make a complete package around the purchase that takes care of the customer on the service side as well,” he said.

Dougherty told motoring.com.au that Fiat Chrysler now has more than one million vehicles on the road globally with embedded cellular technology that gives it the ability to track them remotely. Included in that are the Jeep Grand Cherokee and latest Cherokee and the Chrysler 300

While Dougherty says FCA wouldn’t share that information, he said the cellular (wireless) connection meant servicing would become a more pleasant experience for customers.

“We have the ability to do so much when you show up at a service lane,” he explained. “We will have the ability on an iPad device for a service adviser to say ‘Hey Mr Smith just showed up with his Jeep Grand Cherokee’ and your name and address will already be done, what the vehicle is saying which service it is ready for, if it has any fault codes in it saying it needs to be flashed and updated for software or whatever.

“When people see you with an iPad and there is something on there, it adds a lot of credibility when you are trying to say ‘well here’s the factory maintenance schedule that is laid out for this vehicle’.

“It is just a lot more credible than sometimes the person saying this is the factory maintenance schedule. Instead it’s ‘let me show you’. So you can do those things, especially where the customer data populates the device.

“So that’s the vision of where we would like to go.”

While this technology is yet to flow into any FCA dealerships globally and Dougherty wouldn’t talk about local timing, a more basic plug-in application dubbed Wi-Advisor is in use in 1000 dealerships in North America.

“We are more advanced than any other manufacturer in that regard,” Dougherty declared “Our system reads diagnostics and actually tells you about the vehicle.”

Dougherty said introducing a uniform experience across the Australian dealer network was much easier to achieve via technology than asking different dealer groups to align to a corporate identity.

“That’s very hard to do because each entrepreneur is different, they have already invested in the facility. So if we wanted a service lane to look a certain way it would be challenging to change someone’s structure.

“So the easiest way to do it is through technology – make the technological experience similar.”
SOURCE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts