1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Message from Bob Nardelli regarding Tom LaSorda

Posted Thursday, Apr 30, 2009, 8:52 pm in Employee News

Dear Employees,

As we move into a new era for Chrysler, Tom LaSorda has announced his plans to retire from Chrysler LLC. Tom joined Chrysler in 2000 after more 23 years with General Motors Corp., where he earned a reputation as an authority on lean manufacturing by helping to launch the GM-Suzuki joint venture plant, CAMI, in Canada and Opel Eisenach, GM’s pioneering venture in the former East Germany. He began his career at the Chrysler Group of the former DaimlerChrysler on the manufacturing side and moved up to Chief Operating Officer, and then became President and CEO, guiding Chrysler through the transitional period of the de-merger.

During the past 20 months, Tom has served in the Office of the Chairman as President and Vice Chairman, helping lead Chrysler’s transformation to an independent company. He was the top executive responsible for manufacturing, procurement and supply, employee relations, global business development and alliances.

As the head of our global business development, Tom arranged the first meeting with Fiat and played a pivotal role in developing the alliance that will bring Chrysler a wealth of strategic advantages. His leadership has been instrumental in steering Chrysler through an incredible array of challenges and has helped our company lay the foundation for a great future. Tom earned everyone’s respect with his unselfish devotion to the task of making Chrysler a great automotive company. Speaking on a personal level, I want to express my deep appreciation to Tom for being a trusted friend and ally during my time with Chrysler.

Tom represents the third generation of LaSordas to work for Chrysler, so he truly has the company in his blood. We thank him for his many contributions and we wish Tom and his family–wife Doreen and daughters Jackie and Christine–great happiness and success in the future.

Bob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts