Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler says market may be stabilizing
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 | 5:03 PM

Jeep Wrangler sales are up over last February.

Chrysler says it may be turning the corner. Executives releasing February sales numbers today say the numbers suggest there are hopeful signs the market may be stabilizing.

Overall, Chrysler sales dropped 44% in February compared with February of 2008. Chrysler's president says the government's TARP money is starting to have an effect.

Toledo's Chrysler-built products got mixed news today. Wrangler sales are up significantly--28% from last February. But the Liberty dropped by 45% and fewer than 1,800 Dodge Nitro's sold in February, representing a decline of 58%.

Chrysler announced its employee price incentives for all customers will continue through the end of March. The carmaker also notes its retail market share increased in February.

LINK:Chrysler says market may be stabilizing - 3/03/09 - Toledo News - 13abc.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sales might be up if dealers carried more than 1 unit on the lot. I have 4 Chrysler / Dodge dealers within 15 miles of my house 3 have 1 Nitro on lot, the 4th doesn't even have one. How do you sell what you don't have or advertise??

·
Super Moderator
23,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sales might be up if dealers carried more than 1 unit on the lot. I have 4 Chrysler / Dodge dealers within 15 miles of my house 3 have 1 Nitro on lot, the 4th doesn't even have one. How do you sell what you don't have or advertise??
I agree! The reason I bought a Nitro was due to their early "Blow-Up" commercials on TV and my Local Dealer never ordered for stock any R/Ts for more than 9 months, and only after I bought mine from an out-of town dealer that had several in stock. On a positive note there has been more than 100,000 Dodge Nitros sold without much of any advertising. Just think if it had been promoted I'm sure that number would have increased! As you must know most have never heard of a DODGE NITRO or seen one, till they see yours!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts