Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a white Dodge Nitro RT and I only just noticed that the front wheels are throwing small rocks and other stuff at the side of the Nitro eating away at the Paint. I went to the dealer and they said that nothing can be done. I have seen this on other nitros as well. The area between the wheels on the RTs where the Plastic is painted is really bad.

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
Well I did not do it for this reason but to keep the sides clean. I added MOPAR running boards and MOPAR molded mud flaps.(front & rear) Mine is white too and the flat black boards and flaps look good to me. I'm still not sure I accomplished everything I wanted, since the boards did not stop all the spray and mud from the front wheels, I then added the flaps, but I would think it would correct the issue you have with small rocks. Might think about this as an option. They should do good with snow, too.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello! I have also added the molded mud flaps f+r on my Nitro. And there is no problem with the paint for me at all. Perhaps you should try it??
Good Luck

The Swede
I own a red metallic Nitro R/T-08.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
The Swede
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing