Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to this forum. I’ve been on the Nitroforumz for little over 4yrs though.
I have a 2011 Nitro Heat 3.7L.
I have a free flow exhaust with magnaflow muffler, stage 2 JET chip, Volant CAI with a K&N filter, idr exactly what spark plugs I put in but they are NGK.
I was running a 4.7L throttle body from a 08’ Dodge Durango. This was a GREAT performance mod in my opinion.
After a year, it would randomly go into limp mode. I would cut it off and start it back up and their was no problem, until later down the road and the same thing happened.
This would happen every now and then, and as time went on the problem started to occur more often. To the point it was aggravating, so I took the TB off and reinstalled the factory TB. (Used my scan tool to do the relearn procedure for both TB’s)
With the factory TB back on for a year now, I have had no problems.
But with that 4.7L TB, it when it would go into limp mode the codes I pulled were for the TB and running lean.
Anyone come across this problem? Is their a fix for it with the larger TB?
I’d like to have that extra little “get up and go” again but don’t want the headache I was having before.
TAI

·
Super Moderator
25,763 Posts
I don't have an answer (Welcome) but I had a similar issue when I added a MOPAR Cat-Back Exhaust & MOPAR Cold Air Intake to my new special ordered 2007 Nitro R/T 4.0. I got all types of error codes when I floored it. I keep resetting the codes and finally took it back to my Dealership and complained since I purchased the items from them so not to loose my factory power-train lifetime warranty (still good as of today!). Long story short. They said I would never have an issue with those codes again. It is understandable since both intake and exhaust had been greatly changed. My point is your modified Nitro should be able to have your error codes eliminated too if someone knew how and would perform the modifications to the vehicle computer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have an answer (Welcome) but I had a similar issue when I added a MOPAR Cat-Back Exhaust & MOPAR Cold Air Intake to my new special ordered 2007 Nitro R/T 4.0. I got all types of error codes when I floored it. I keep resetting the codes and finally took it back to my Dealership and complained since I purchased the items from them so not to loose my factory power-train lifetime warranty (still good as of today!). Long story short. They said I would never have an issue with those codes again. It is understandable since both intake and exhaust had been greatly changed. My point is your modified Nitro should be able to have your error codes eliminated too if someone knew how and would perform the modifications to the vehicle computer.
The thing is, idk of anyone who can program my Nitro for the performance mods I have done. As far as I know, Dodge has not released the programming codes for the PCM so modifications can be made to have it properly tuned.
It would be GREAT if I can have it tuned with all the performance mods though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts