Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or should I run while I can...

I've got my eye on two used Nitro SXT's as a possible first vehicle for my son. One is a 2007; two previous owners & in pretty decent shape, but it has 230,000 miles (first owner had it 8 years & put 200k of the miles on it) on the 6-speed transmission. The other is a 2008 with 99,000 miles, auto transmission & is a government surplus "as-is" with no way to test drive. I can get either one for under $5000. Am I CRAZY for even considering these?

·
Super Moderator
23,454 Posts
Or should I run while I can...

I've got my eye on two used Nitro SXT's as a possible first vehicle for my son. One is a 2007; two previous owners & in pretty decent shape, but it has 230,000 miles (first owner had it 8 years & put 200k of the miles on it) on the 6-speed transmission. The other is a 2008 with 99,000 miles, auto transmission & is a government surplus "as-is" with no way to test drive. I can get either one for under $5000. Am I CRAZY for even considering these?
Not sure I would want the vehicle that has that many miles with so many avaiable with much less. Have you checked out youtube for Nitros available in your area? GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I'll check that out.

We've just recently started considering Nitros as a possibility; my son really likes the 08+ Jeep Liberty, but most of those are beyond our reach.

The mileage on the 07 we looked at the other day makes me hesitate on that one, but it is definitely a testament to the longevity of a Nitro with good maintenance! 99,000 really doesn't look like much when compared to that!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Run!!!! As far as you can. See my post. Got myne at 180 000 km for $5000 and spent another $4500 without any joy. Nice looking vehicle but for a '07 she can't handle 10 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts