Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Nitro

Dealer delivered our Nitro today, to my work it had came from Nebraska and delivered to South Dakota, they put about 765 miles on it when delivering. My wife and I drove it home. On the way home we set the cruise at 50mph for break in. In about 10 mins the cruise kicked off the engine light came on, the ESP light came on and the Throttle control light came on. We limped it of the Interstate and stop it. We read the manual which said to turn off the engine and wait than restart it. We did this about 3 and wait five mins before trying to start it again. Each time the lights were still on the the motor was running very rough. Finally the 4th time all lights expect the service engine light went off. I have tried several time turning off the engine and waiting than restarting it. Engine is running smoother but the light is still on and the motor has a little tinging or pinning sound to it. This is just our first 15mins of owning our Nitro. What could be the problem? Taking it in to a local dealership tomorrow... Help

Mike

·
Super Moderator
23,211 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems, but Dealer should be able to address what is wrong. Please let us know and Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts