Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I really have not ever had a chance to see another Nitro R/T I do not know if this noise is normal or not.
At idle I can hear slight chug chug type noise that does not speed up with revs. Sounds like a pully/ belt or something, I doubt its lifters as the noise remains constant even when tapping the gas pedal.

The noise still remains even after the belt and tensioner were replaced to the new style version. I didnt request this, the dealer just did it as a TSB.

Perhaps other R/T owners can advice me on what the R/T sounds like on idle?

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Video of my engine noise

Nitro idling. After tapping the gas pedal the noise occurs on deceleration. It's clearly heard in the video. AC engaged at approx 1.46mins into video which I think makes the engine noisier?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I really have not ever had a chance to see another Nitro R/T I do not know if this noise is normal or not.
At idle I can hear slight chug chug type noise that does not speed up with revs. Sounds like a pully/ belt or something, I doubt its lifters as the noise remains constant even when tapping the gas pedal.

The noise still remains even after the belt and tensioner were replaced to the new style version. I didnt request this, the dealer just did it as a TSB.

Perhaps other R/T owners can advice me on what the R/T sounds like on idle?

Thanks
MODS: Sorry for creating another thread. I didnt realize I had this one already prior to posting my You tube video.

No Problem! Taken care of:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MODS: Sorry for creating another thread. I didnt realize I had this one already prior to posting my You tube video.

No Problem! Taken care of:

Thanks.

The clack clack noise is louder once the AC is engaged. The other noise is the jingly type noise when the revs are dropping after tapping the gas pedal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts