Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, I reciently bought a 2007 nitro, spent the last month doing a few tricks to it. I added projector headlights with led turn lamps and led tail lights as well . I remember the lady saying she put a new battery in just before i bought it , the second in 8 months. (strange) Now i walked into the garage last night, in the dark, and i noticed the parking lights (leds) on very faintly, not the front though. So i just removed them and checked the socket with a multi meter . I got 3.5 volts on each side. There should be no voltage correct. Can anyone shed more light on this ? I had a similiar issue years ago on a GM it was a bad multi function switch, could that be the problem ? Oh yeh, also drivers side rear door lock trys to lock but doesn't . thanks David.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd say it is more than likely an issue with the LED tail lamps. Do you still have your original lamps? Put one back in and see if they go off the way they are supposed to.

Because of issues like this, I went with the projector halos with out the LEDs and after giving it some thought, I am not going to get LED tail lights, just for reasons like this. They are not made as well as OEM, and you are not alone when it comes to having issues. Good luck.

:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and thanks for the reply, I have the lights out (unpluged) and have voltage at the plug.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Hello and thanks for the reply, I have the lights out (unpluged) and have voltage at the plug.
Do you have the voltage at all 4 sockets? :confused: Remember, there are 4 tail lights. The tops double as brake lights, the bottoms double as turn signals. I'm just trying to figure out the source of the voltage. If nothing is on, there should be no voltage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have voltage at one pin on each side, at the connector. 3.5 volts , judging by that voltage, the circuit must not be closing ???? made new ground straps and i'm using jumper grounds at sockets. not sure if it is brake or parking circuit. top portion of tail light anyway. wondering if anyone knows if i can dimantle multi-function switch and clean ? or brake light switch? location ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clarification

I have the tail lights out with bulb sockets still in the tail lights. I am getting voltage at the wireharness pigtail connection.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I do know that you have to be very careful with the brake light switch. It is a one time use unit. If you take it out, or move it in any way, you will never get it back in and it will be useless. The dealer will have to replace it.

I have read that when some guys have replaced their interior lights with LEDs, they will glow lightly when they are supposed to be off. The way they fix this issue is to replace at least one bulb with another kind, but I am not sure what they are talking about.

The top socket is your combination stop/tail lamp.

The second one down is your combination signal/tail lamp.

I hope that this helps you in some strange way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts