Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband bought a new radio for his Dodge Nitro 2007 and he installed it. Now, when he starts the car, the radio works, but all of a sudden, the dashboard lights come on and so do the windshield wipers. Once the car is up to 40 mph, this doesn't happen. Anyone have the same issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi my cars radio will not turn on the screen is completly black i had just had the car running and the radio was playing i turned off the car after a few minutes came back the radio wouldnt turn on we figured it was a fuse but is the only fuse box under the hood or is there another some where in the car because we just cant figure it out with the one under the hood

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I just got a in dash pioneer receiver #avh-211ex install in my 2010 Nitro. Problem is there is a gap at the bottom of the stereo like it is sitting in too far and the installer says that's they way that all the Nitros and Jeeps are. I know for a fact that's not true. My question is how can I rectify this?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
23,699 Posts
Well how about an update? If no luck readjusting the mount, for me I would just mask it off and spray it black. Doubt that anyone else would even notice. Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
23,699 Posts
Dear Members:

The replacement radio that Ontherise48 had installed (above) that many not have fits as well as expected in his Nitro, could still be one you might want to check out if you are in need of a radio for your Nitro. It may be discontinued now but are available NEW on eBay at a very affordable price! With less and less aftermarket replacement radios even shown for the discontinued Dodge Nitro at least you know this radio fits (somewhat).

Check it out, it could be exactly what you are looking for at a really low price. GOOD LUCK

AVH-211EX

Multimedia DVD-Receiver with 6.2" WVGA Display, Built-in Bluetooth® and Remote Control Included

• Built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming
  • Back-up camera ready
  • Multicolor illumination (5 display colors, 112 key colors)
The AVH-211EX is an entry-level in-dash multimedia a/v receiver designed to improve in-vehicle entertainment and connectivity with your smartphone. Enjoy features such as built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming. Audio/video playback from USB and DVD sources and safety features such as back up camera ready and much more.

Bluetooth logo

Hands-Free Calling and Audio Streaming
Stay safe and obey local hands-free laws with built-in Bluetooth (HFP). Easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the AVH-211EX without having to go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is near the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
From wireless audio streaming (A2DP), hands-free calling, and simple pairing, to audio control and artist, album, and song search (AVRCP profile*), Bluetooth® wireless technology has made life in the vehicle much more convenient.
The AVH-211EX features Bluetooth Hands Free Profile 1.6 including Wideband Speech capability, which improves the sound quality of phone calls by offering double the frequency bandwidth (when compared to calls without Wideband Speech)**.
*Search functions vary by phone.
**Call quality depends on wireless provider’s support of HFP 1.6.

andriod logo

Android Music Support
Users of Android devices running operating system 4.0 or later can connect and listen to music stored on their device to the AVH-211EX without the need for an app. The process is made possible using Media Transfer Protocol (MTP). MTP allows the receiver to recognize the Android smartphone as a music storage device. Users can now access music via USB stored on an Android device and operate basic operations like FF, REW, Play, Pause, Random Play, and Repeat. Metadata information such as track, artist, and album name can be displayed.

iphone logo

USB Direct Control for iPhone
Pioneer's AVH-211EX is ready to roll with direct connectivity to your iPod or iPhone for music. Song, artist, time and album information are beautifully displayed on the 6.2" touchscreen.
A USB connection provides direct digital signal transfer from the device for clean, clear sound while providing 1 amp of current to keep your iPod/iPhone charged.

back up carera ready logo

Back-up Camera Ready*
Back-up camera input enables you to add a reverse (rear facing) camera that can assist with rear visibility, towing, or parking.
*Rear visibility systems (backup cameras) are required under federal regulations in certain new vehicles according to a phase-in schedule that began on May 1, 2016. Owners of vehicles equipped with compliant rear visibility systems should not install or use this product in a way that alters or disables that system’s compliance with applicable regulations. If you are unsure whether your vehicle has a rear visibility system subject to these regulations, please contact the vehicle manufacturer or dealer.

multi color logo

Customize Your Colors
Select from among five colors (blue/red/amber/green/violet) for the display and 112 different colors to match unit illumination to your vehicle's interior lighting. Also choose from several background images to suit your mood.

Caution: Read the operation manual as well as all instructions and cautions before use. Pay attention to the road, limit glances to the device, and do not use any feature if it cannot be operated both safely and legally in your location and environment. Distracted driving may result in serious injury, including death. Certain functions such as video playback and keyboard input are restricted through a parking brake interlock system.
Specs

Display
  • Screen Size/Aspect Ratio6.2", 16:9
  • ResolutionWVGA (800 x 480)
  • TouchscreenClear Resistive
  • LED Backlight
  • Display Off Mode
  • Color Customization5 Display Colors, 112 Key Colors
  • Display Customization2-Backgrounds
  • Brightness Control
Bluetooth®
  • Built-in Bluetooth®
  • Hands-Free Profile (HFP)HFP 1.6
  • Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)AVRCP 1.6
  • Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
  • Secure Simple Pairing (SSP)
  • Serial Port Profile (SPP)
  • Dual Phone Connection
Tuner
  • Presets18 FM, 6 AM
  • Best Station Memory (BSM)
  • Local Seek Tuning
  • RDS
Digital Media Playback
  • CD/CD-R/RW Playback
  • MP3 Audio PlaybackDVD, CD, USB
  • WMA Audio PlaybackDVD, CD, USB
  • AAC Audio PlaybackDVD, CD, USB
  • WAV Audio PlaybackDVD, CD, USB
  • DVD/DVD-R/RW/DVD-Video Playback
  • MPEG-1 Video PlaybackDVD, CD, USB
  • MPEG-2 Video PlaybackDVD, CD, USB
  • MPEG-4 Video PlaybackDVD, CD, USB
  • AVI/DivX Video PlaybackDVD, CD, USB
  • WMV Video PlaybackUSB
  • JPEG Photo Slideshow ViewerUSB
Audio
  • RCA Preouts3 (2V)
  • Built-in AmplifierMOSFET 50W x 4
  • Easy EQ (EEQ) Preset Equalizer
  • Customizable Graphic Equalizer13-Band
  • D/A Converter24-Bit
  • Time Alignment (CD-MC20 required)Manual
  • Crossover NetworkHPF/LPF
  • Subwoofer Control
  • Loudness
  • Listening Position Selector
Expandability
  • USBSingle, Rear
  • AUX InputRear
  • Back-Up Camera Input
  • Wired Remote Input
  • Composite Video Output
  • Mini-jack AV Cable1-3.5 mm (Au

·
Super Moderator
23,699 Posts
Quick song with one Orion hcca15.4spl on hcca5000.1dsplx at 2 ohms

Feb 7, 2020

07 Dodge nitro r/t 4.0l, 240 mechman alt, 320 singer alt knukonceptz wire, sky high car audio wire, stinger RCA's, skar audio inline rca bass knob, pioneer deh-s6120bs, (2 Orion ctw125 bullet tweeters, 2 Orion xtr1.00tw on a orion xtr500.4), (8 skar audio fsx65 4ohm on a orion xtr1000.4), (4 skar audio fsx10-4 4ohm on a orion xtr750.2), (Orion hcca5000.1dsplx on 2 Orion hcca15.4spl), 3 optima yellow tops, 4 viper battery vp2400, ds18 xm6ld crossover, air lift bags, install bay fuse holders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts