Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Running boards

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  corsairkid 
#1 ·
Just curios as to who has Running boards on theres and if you like them ?
Looks, and function. I just ordered an OEM set for mine and waiting for them to come in.

#2 ·
I have running boards on my Nitro and they are a PITA for me. I am 5'2 and I either have to step on and lower myself into the seat or I have to step over them and pull myself in. I do like the way they look and they help keep the road grime from building up... but if I had to do over, I don't think I would get them.

#3 ·
I've had my Nitro for 6 days and I love it. No problems yet (Knock on wood), running boards are a cool looking feature, makes mine look sporty. I think if you got it as a soccer mom SUV then your not going to want that sporty look.
I've added the chrome air deflector, chrome fuel door, chrome step plates in door way, chrome air vents inside, tinted side window shields. Will be saving my money to add by the end of the summer MyGiG with U-connect and remote starter. Then I'll be satisfied.

#4 ·
I have the inferno red R/T, red seat inserts and MyGig. I put on chrome tubular side steps along with the rear air deflector (body color paint) and chrome gas cap. With the 20" chrome wheels the truck looks HOT. The chrome tube steps really look great and my wife is 5'1". The funny thing is I don't get to drive it, as I bought it for my wife. She's the one who wanted all the extras.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.