Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sliver 2008 Nitro that I purchased new, I and 2 other silver nitro owners have noticed that over the entire car there is rust spots developing under the clearcoat. I took into the local deaership and was told to contact Dodge for resolution, I was assigned a case and it was denied. My suggestion for all who read this, please take a close look to see if your silver Nitro is developing the same problem. If so call Dodge and document the issue it may save you the cost of painting the truck on your dime? I'm still pressing the issue along with the two other owners here in my area!!:mad:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I have a Sliver 2008 Nitro that I purchased new, I and 2 other silver nitro owners have noticed that over the entire car there is rust spots developing under the clearcoat. I took into the local deaership and was told to contact Dodge for resolution, I was assigned a case and it was denied. My suggestion for all who read this, please take a close look to see if your silver Nitro is developing the same problem. If so call Dodge and document the issue it may save you the cost of painting the truck on your dime? I'm still pressing the issue along with the two other owners here in my area!!:mad:
Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to see that you joined under these circumstances. What are the model years of the other two Nitro's? Do you know the build date of all three? I have a silver Nitro, also, but mine is a 2011. I am just curious if there is a pattern to all of this.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
The date of manufacture on the 2008 models are 10/2008!!
If all three were built about the same time this would lead me to believe that there was a quality issue with the batch of paint, or pre-paint prep at that given time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Date of manufacture

I agree that it was a flawed manufacturing process, I suggest that you pay close attention to catch the problem if it occurs on all Silver Nitro's!!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I agree that it was a flawed manufacturing process, I suggest that you pay close attention to catch the problem if it occurs on all Silver Nitro's!!
Thank you - I'll keep my eyes on the beast! Let me know how you progress with your dealer. I believe that the paint/perforation warranty should be 5 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Date of manufacture

Dodge has denied my claim, appealing to the district manager before I make a claim with the National Transpotation Highway Athority!! Gonna fight it tooth and nail for resolution!!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Good for you. I will send you positive thoughts. I hate this king of s**t. Chrysler should do the right thing for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
rust on tailgate, under and the corner of the silver boot pull/number plate light

Hi, I have a silver 09 dodge nitro. I have bubbled up paint, developing rust right in the corner where the car meets the silver boot opener strip. It also now has bubbling up paint under the the silver boot opener/number plate light bit. Dodge dealer is saying water is getting under the paint! how? it has no holes or chips and is clearly coming from under the silver bit. The underneath is protected by the silver strip so how can water be getting under the paint. I'm sure this is just an excuse from Dodge again to not get it repaired under the rust warranty. I love my Dodge but have been really let down by them before, when my dealer let all the seat belt tensioners off in the car as they did not disconnect the battery.(Only went in for an air bag light being on and a service). Had such a fight with dodge and our dealer and still ended up paying £1200 and was without my Dodge for 10 months waiting for a wiring loom, for the privilege of breaking my car. I wonder if any one else has had a rust problem on the tailgate in that area and how they dealt with it. Please help so feed up with dealing with all this!

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
Hi, I have a silver 09 dodge nitro. I have bubbled up paint, developing rust right in the corner where the car meets the silver boot opener strip. It also now has bubbling up paint under the the silver boot opener/number plate light bit. Dodge dealer is saying water is getting under the paint! how? it has no holes or chips and is clearly coming from under the silver bit. The underneath is protected by the silver strip so how can water be getting under the paint. I'm sure this is just an excuse from Dodge again to not get it repaired under the rust warranty. I love my Dodge but have been really let down by them before, when my dealer let all the seat belt tensioners off in the car as they did not disconnect the battery.(Only went in for an air bag light being on and a service). Had such a fight with dodge and our dealer and still ended up paying £1200 and was without my Dodge for 10 months waiting for a wiring loom, for the privilege of breaking my car. I wonder if any one else has had a rust problem on the tailgate in that area and how they dealt with it. Please help so feed up with dealing with all this!
Welcome JoJo:

Looks like you have seen more than your fair share of issues with your Nitro. Also I see you must be located outside the U.S, right? As you can tell from this Thread rust is not always due to re-painting due to an auto accident.

I really don't have an answer and with our clear-coat paint jobs it makes it more difficult. I do know that if need be you can re-apply clear-coat with a spray can for a small repair. I did find a video about rust repair for non-newer vehicles w/o clear-coat that might be of some interest to you listed below: Good Luck!

rust spots on car paint,rust dots on car paint,rust on paint,removing rust spots,rust spots on car

I have read that other Chrysler owners have used products like CarPro Iron X Iron Remover and Mothers 07240 California Gold Clay Bar System with some promising results. Again good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing