Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to get a SLT with the towing package. The dealer wants to slap a receiver on the back end and tell me "All done". When I ask about the "Power Steering Cooler" & "Heavy Duty Engine Cooling" described under the "Trailer Tow Group" on the build you own section at dodge.com I'm told by parts that these items don't exist or are not necessary. Live chat directed me to the Mopar website. Nothing listed there!

Can anybody tell me if the "Power Steering Cooler" & "Heavy Duty Engine Cooling" are actual parts or a product purely of Dodge markiting dept. Please provide part #s if available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The power steering cooler and heavy duty engine cooling are real. The difference is a clutch fan on the engine as well as a electric fan. The power steering pump has a cooler on it also. I had a 07 Liberty (same drive train) No tow package. I was going to slap a hitch on it and they told me this would be a problem unless I got the heavy duty cooling. Got a 07 Nitro in exchange under the Lemon law because of trouble with the Liberty tranny. The Nitro has a towing package and it is much different than one without. Your dealer is full of crap. go to a different dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts