Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Since some Weeks I am Part of this Forum. From the first Moment on I felt, that the Pages are building up very slow.

So I have measured the last Days. From clicking on a Link until I can use the Site (Reading, Scrolling, Replying etc) it takes 10 to 20 Seconds.
In my Opinion this is very slow. Other Forums I am using need max 5 Sec.

My technical Data:
Windows XP Home Ed.
Internet Explorer 8.0.6...
Internet Access with 6000kB/s

Could you advise me any Help?

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
You are not alone so I reported it to the Administrator to have Tech Support check this Site out. Hopefully they will see what we have noticed, and it is not because you are in Germany and not the United States! Lets see what happens and thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I think it has something to do with the ads loading. When I experience this, I log off and restart my computer. This gives me a short term fix!
:cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have got no Differences in Loading Times, even if I call this Forum at first or after one Hour of Working with the Computer (with or without the www). So I would like to exclude this Factor for me.

I assume that it is a Problem of too much Commercials loaded to the Pages or other Items coming from other Internet Pages "overloading" the Forum's Pages, but I do not know.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh Dear, two Weeks now over and nothing has changed. Even there is no Information to this Issue (somebody is working on it or not?).

If there is a Solution, please inform me. Than I'll come back.
Thanks so far!

Hopefully see you soon!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Two weeks ago, Windows locked up and refused to reboot. The tech had to reinstall windows for me, and while he had the computer, I asked him to max out my RAM to 4GB. These problems have gone away for me, at least.

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Oh Dear, two Weeks now over and nothing has changed. Even there is no Information to this Issue (somebody is working on it or not?).

If there is a Solution, please inform me. Than I'll come back.
Thanks so far!

Hopefully see you soon!
I did report it to the Administrator and he replied back that he too thought the Site was loading slower than normal, and would have it checked out. For myself I no longer have an issue? Anyone else?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, Rick,

yes, you have posted that the Admins are informed. Afer that, there has not been an Information that the Situation should be improved.

The Admin has checked it, but what is the Result (maybe I am a little bit too exact? Sorry, maybe I am working too long as a Quality Manager... ;) ).

As I understand you have got the Impression that it is working better. So I have just measured today:
Open Today's Posts until you can scroll without interruptions: 11-15 Seconds
Opening this thread: 12-15 Seconds (like some others). Maybe this is a little bite better now as I wrote above, but I do not really recognize that. No one should wait more than 7 Seconds until a Page is fully usable. You know, than it starts to be boooooooring

Hopefully I have found the right and friendly Words, I just like to have an improvement. I just do not like to wait so long.

So far, with friendly Regards!

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Administrator said Site was scheduled for a small speed-up yesterday. I really don't see a problem on this end, myself. May want to check everything on your end. Good Luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still the same this Morning.

And, when I want to work parallel on other Sites, they are also loading very slow, blocked by this Site I mus say.
I have got a little Program showing the Traffic, and there is much Traffic loading the Pages here, so much to load. I do not understand it.

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Two weeks ago, Windows locked up and refused to reboot. The tech had to reinstall windows for me, and while he had the computer, I asked him to max out my RAM to 4 GB. These problems have gone away for me, at least.

I too just upgraded my year old computer adding all new ram memory totaling 8 GB (was 4 GB) and it really helped opening this Site faster than when it was new. Guess it is not always a Site issue!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I too just upgraded my year old computer adding all new ram memory totaling 8 GB (was 4 GB) and it really helped opening this Site faster than when it was new. Guess it is not always a Site issue!
Crashed again - installed new hard drive, so I basically have a new computer! But, the site loads as it should, so it could be a memory/cache issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts