Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to the forum and new to having a nitro. Im having a few problems with my nitro, when i pulling in the my parking lot my front tires squeal. I checked my tire pressure and im at 33 all around. im not in 4wd so i dont get it. my other one is when i turn the wheel sharp( all the way to one way or to the other) its sounds like my power steering makes a noise. i checked my fuild and im full ( what appeared to be full)... Im lost on it all... any imput.?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Take a look at the pressure ratings on the sidewalls of your tires. Mine are the 20" and have a max of 44 psi. I am running them at 40. I would suggest running them just a couple lbs below what the max is and see what happens. Also it depends on the road surface, freshly paved parking lots of asphalt or freshly sealed ones will squeal easier than old concrete roads. Also smooth concrete will allow tire squealing such as in a parking garage.

As far as turning your steering to the lock (end of travel) you are hearing a valve that is diverting the pressure so you don't blow a hose. I have always been taught to turn to the lock then back off just a hair so it isn't holding that pressure for a long time. You really won't change your turning radius and will allow the pump to live longer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked the tire.... have 18'' rims and they say 44 max psi.. i had them at 40 before and i got a TPMS alert sying to pressure too high... i took it to the dealer( cuz its under warrenty and my uncle owns the place) and they said 33 is the psi they should be ran at. its also on the driver side door panel.

i talked to my uncle and the service gm and they said it due to the pavment im on...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts