Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Bought my Nitro in 2018. 3 of the sensors worked and the 4th blinked on and off. I put new tires on the back and asked them to check the back passenger one when they put my new tires on. I guess they didn't. Later I had 2 front ones put on at walmart and asked for them to be checked out too since I would assume when new tires go on that would be the time to check them right? I guess they didn't . Now none of them work.

·
Super Moderator
26,734 Posts
Reset procedures

NOTE: If a tire pressure sensor has been replaced, the tire pressure sensors must be retrained.

Once the low tire pressure warning has been illuminated, the tire pressure must be increased to the recommended cold placard pressure in order for the TPMS warning lamp to be turned off. The system will automatically update and the TPMS warning lamp will extinguish once the updated tire pressures have been received. The vehicle may need to be driven for up to 10 minutes above 15 mph (25 kph) to receive this information.

Tire pressure sensor retraining

Using a RF signal, each sensor transmits tire pressure data approximately once every minute. Each sensor’s (transmitter) broadcast is uniquely coded so that the TPMS module can monitor the state of each of the sensors on the four rotating road wheels. The TPMS module automatically learns and stores the sensor’s ID while driving after a sensor has been replaced. Perform one of the following to allow the system to learn the new sensor ID:

Once the vehicle has remained stationary for more than 20 minutes, drive the vehicle for a minimum of 10 minutes while maintaining a continuous speed above 15 mph (24 km/h). During this time, the system will learn the new sensor ID.
Use the TPM-RKE Analyzer, 9936, with the scan tool to program the WCM/SKREEM with the tire pressure sensor ID.

NOTE: If a sensor cannot be trained, see appropriate manufacturer service information.

Dodge Nitro: Tire pressure monitor system (TPMS)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts