Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all , how goes it ?

I've just purchased a UK Spec (Righthand drive) 07 black dodge nitro SXT 2.8 CRD here in the United Kingdom (which I absolutely love) and i was wondering if anyone knows if there is any difference in the external specifications (UK and US specs) especially the door mirrors, door handles, and rear lights as I would like to buy the chrome mopar covers from America (as we can't get them over here) . Any help would be much appreciated , JB

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey all , how goes it ?

I've just purchased a UK Spec (Righthand drive) 07 black dodge nitro SXT 2.8 CRD here in the United Kingdom (which I absolutely love) and i was wondering if anyone knows if there is any difference in the external specifications (UK and US specs) especially the door mirrors, door handles, and rear lights as I would like to buy the chrome mopar covers from America (as we can't get them over here) . Any help would be much appreciated , JB
Hi
I'm waiting a new Nitro in Spain. I compared specifications and finish on USA, Europe (except UK), UK, Canadá,... and exterior are the same.

There are a few differents, but there aren't stetic. For example, only in UK exterior mirrors have power folding. But they seem the same that spanish Nitro. When my Nitro arrive I'll try to buy english Nitro mirrors and change them. I live in a little village, narrow streets, narrow roads,...
European Nitro doesn't have remote garaje opening (why?) My home has remote opening at street car door, and at parking door. I'll try to buy the module and adapt it.
Canadian Nitro have LDR. From next 2010 January 1st all new car need to have, and to use, LDR. Car shelled before need to road with head lamp all time. No problem because I want to install HID lamp so, I'll connect low bean permanently (with other lamps off except at night) and I'll have hi-beam inmediately (xenon lighs need a few minutes to bright, for this reason are no valid to send a "flash" to another car in road).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Let me know how the Daylight running lights go. I would like this also. I have heard rumours that the Dodge dealer can enable this quiet easily?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Let me know how the Daylight running lights go. I would like this also. I have heard rumours that the Dodge dealer can enable this quiet easily?
Yes, only they have to connect the diagnostic machine an enable it. But it has some inconveniences:
  1. LDR are HI-beams operating at % of total power. It's only valid with halogen lamps but not with HID lamp
  2. When turn lights blink, DLR off. Useful to people can see your turn lights. It's forbidden in Europe. Caution.
  3. Dealer can't disconnect LDR to back stage. There isn't testing time. :-C
If you want Hi-Beam and Low-Beam with a HID kit you must have present:
  1. HID needs many seconds to have a enought powerful. If you want to flash with your HI-beam, the other car doesn't see anything.
  2. At Nitro, HID kit has only one xenon bulb that works with HI & Low, and a mechanism is moved when you change from HI to LOW and LOW to HIGH, that cover a part of lamp in LOW-beam mode.
The perfect solution to have LDR with HID Kit is easy, ever LOW-beam working. If you need to flash the bulb is working and hot, so it will be visible. Along the day hours you use only LOW-beam, when night arrives, you turn on your lights and LOW beam continues working, but you connect your back lights, situation lights (called parking lights in some countries), you dimmer the radio,....
Halogen lamps have some hours of live. HID lamps have no limit of hours, they have a limit of tun on, a very very high limit.

When I have the new car I'll make a "howto" with photos and diagrams, but it's very easy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the clarification and good explanation on the day light running lights. Interesting info on that one.

Ultimately I would like to purchase a pair of projector headlights like the G2 ones on ebay. The ones that the halos inside of them. However I dont like the idea of the orange lights also coming on when I put the lights on the first position. Ideally I would like to have just the Halo rings on when I turn the light on to the first position. Then the second position would turn on the main lights. Also would like to change the reflector to silver as they are amber.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the clarification and good explanation on the day light running lights. Interesting info on that one.

Ultimately I would like to purchase a pair of projector headlights like the G2 ones on ebay. The ones that the halos inside of them. However I dont like the idea of the orange lights also coming on when I put the lights on the first position. Ideally I would like to have just the Halo rings on when I turn the light on to the first position. Then the second position would turn on the main lights. Also would like to change the reflector to silver as they are amber.
Hi Frederick.
Is some countries, for example Spain and many other countries in Europe, it's forbidden that you use your car only with the "first position". It's called, in a literal translation, as "situation lights" and only you can use it to park in dark streets or roads. Many european cars have a feature: when you turn off the key, you have a little lock, if you push it you can rotate the key one position left and give it off. In this position, exactly the same if you give your key off normaly, you can turn on the lighst and only this "situation" lights bright. And if you move turn light to righ or left, only 2 bulbs (front and back) off this side bright. So you park, extract your ignition key in this special position, turn on lights and move the turn light switch to the side near the cars that go by the road.

In my idea, in LDR mode, only bright LOW-beam, no this "situation" light.

Look (is handwrited, I hope that you can understand it):

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I do remember ( I used to live in England ) that my parking lights could be adjusted to either left or right side with the turn signal. I also remember that I could have just my sidelights on, the white lights ( no amber in England ) with the turn of the first click for the lights. The seconds click for the lights would continue witht the dipped beams- normal night driving lights.

In the USA I dont like the amber, I feel it would take away and distract from the halo lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 2.8 diesel Nitro glow plug problem

Hi I have had the glow plugs tested all okay,I have changed the glow plug module but now the diagnosis is glow plug module supply problem,I cant find a uk spec wiring diagram on line and the local Chrysler dealer wont supply it.It starts okay when the weather is warm but once it goes down to freezing or below it takes a long time cranking to get it started.Is there any temperature sensor anywhere to control the glow plug operation depending on outside temperature.Vehicle runs and starts perfectly once warmed up.
Thanks David Nicholls This is a uk spec nitro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts