Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i start taking a turn a little too fast I will apply the brakes and then a shaking of my brake pedal occurs. This only started after I threw on a daystar spacer lift kit and 265/65R17 wheels and tires. Is this just the ABS kicking in? Has anyone else had this problem?

Also has anyone needed to flash the PCM after putting on bigger wheels and tires at all?

·
Super Moderator
23,458 Posts
If i start taking a turn a little too fast I will apply the brakes and then a shaking of my brake pedal occurs. This only started after I threw on a daystar spacer lift kit and 265/65R17 wheels and tires. Is this just the ABS kicking in? Has anyone else had this problem?

Also has anyone needed to flash the PCM after putting on bigger wheels and tires at all?
I see this issue discussed on Jeep Forums but not for the Nitro.

It's the traction control (ESP), mine only does one or two quick flashes. At first I didn't see flashing but since it happened to me on the same turn everyday I began to look for it and sure enough it would blink.
Have you had the front hubs off for brake work or could the front bearings have too much play? On Jeeps with oversize tires it appears it might be the norm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts