Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that when it rains, water collects inside the left headlight. I can't see any crack or other means of entry. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
There might be a break in the seal between the clear plastic lens and the lamp body. These are heat sealed together. Check the back - make sure your bulbs are twisted on tightly. There is a rubber o-ring that compresses to the lamp body when the bulbs are installed.

:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There might be a break in the seal between the clear plastic lens and the lamp body. These are heat sealed together. Check the back - make sure your bulbs are twisted on tightly. There is a rubber o-ring that compresses to the lamp body when the bulbs are installed.

:cool:
Thanks! I will do so! I really appreciate your kind help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If there is a Hole or "Pass Through" in the Sealing, these Methods could help, but without any Garantuee from my Side that you will have Success.

The Plastic Glass and the Lamp Body can be separated with Heating in your baking Oven. Than it can be glued again. But no Garantuee, No Warranty. Should only be tried if the Sealing is the Problem.

Maybe you can just take off the complete Lamp from the Car and put Glue around the whole Sealing Area and than the Problem is solved. But this is also not so easy.

Only on your Risk.

I know only one who has done the separating, he has had Success (luckily, sure).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts