Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i am a new member to the forum.
My wife and i have purchased a 2007 nitro and we love it but need some help.
It was raining today while we where out shopping and when we returned to the car the inside of the back was very wet so i looked up to find the right hand side of the head liner near to the corner was dripping with water, i run my hand around the right had side and it was socking.
Could anyone help me so i can fix the problem, could it be the roof runners or a blocked drain pipe at the rear, i have no sun roof.

Thank you

Peter

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
It was raining today while we where out shopping and when we returned to the car the inside of the back was very wet so i looked up to find the right hand side of the head liner near to the corner was dripping with water, i run my hand around the right had side and it was socking.
Could anyone help me so i can fix the problem, could it be the roof runners or a blocked drain pipe at the rear, i have no sun roof.

Thank you

Peter
Hi Peter & Welcome!

As I read your post I was sure it was a sunroof issue. But thanks for the details it can't be.

You may have figured it out with the roof rack runners, since that was a big issue in 07 and maybe the previous owner did some repairs that did not work out.

Roof Rail Mounting Repair

The above LINK was really an issue concerning flapping or noisy front roof rack but the warranty had to do with replacing the roof studs too. Not seen anyone that had a leak because of this reason, but if a recall had been performed on your Nitro, maybe someone did not do it correctly.

I would suggest that you attempt to slide out the access lid that is located a few inches back from the front of the top right roof runner, remove the nut and see if you can pry-up the front and see if you can see any issue.

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts

Thank you

Peter
Hi Peter & Welcome!

As I read your post I was sure it was a sunroof issue. But thanks for the details it can't be.

You may have figured it out with the roof rack runners, since that was a big issue in 07 and maybe the previous owner did some repairs that did not work out.

Since the leak is in the headliner and not the floor (many causes on that one) I guess the windshield should be checked! (see below)

Roof Rail Mounting Repair

The above LINK was really an issue concerning flapping or noisy front roof rack but the warranty had to do with replacing the roof studs too. Not seen anyone that had a leak because of this reason, but if a recall had been performed on your Nitro, maybe someone did not do it correctly.

I would suggest that you attempt to slide out the access lid that is located a few inches back from the front of the top right roof runner, remove the nut and see if you can pry-up the front and see if you can see any issue.

If you want to remove the full roof runner maybe this LINK will help.

ALSO

roof rail mounting issues

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
How-To Diagnose a Leaky Windshield

Apr 4, 2014
In this video I'll show you an easy way to diagnose if your windshield is leaking from rainwater. Sometimes the rain will get in but you can't tell where it's coming from. So this video will let you know if it may be from your windshield.

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Good Luck!

Please let us know what you find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing