Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Nitro 3.7 started making this weird noise a couple of months back. At first I thought it happened when I would accelerate but later it happened when the car was completely stopped. I'm not really sure how to describe the noise, however, I was able to record the noise, with the hood open, as it happened. I'm definitely no mechanic so any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached is a zip file that contains an .m4a audio file.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Great Post! Not sure I can help either. Any chance it could be belt noise? Might try some belt dressing just to see if that would eliminate this strange noice. GOOD LUCK!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Sounds like the A/C clutch

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
John is right, also I have heard similar noises from alternators or even water pumps in the past, in other vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Dodge Nitro Water Pump Change

Published on Feb 23, 2013

Dodge Nitro water pump change and video of bad pump (Engine Noise) . Only 40,000 miles. Process explained on air box remove and battery.

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Dodge Nitro R/T Loud Engine Tap

Uploaded on Oct 26, 2011

This is a 2007 with a 4.0 that has an intermittent ticking sound coming from the front of the engine. It comes and it goes away. Disappears only when I restart it. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Dodge Nitro A/C Noise

Published on Feb 23, 2014

Trying to determine what is causing noise associated with heater/AC fan motor in a 2007 Dodge Nitro. Anyone had this problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts