Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ... Howard here ... New to this site, new to Dodge.

Ever since I was a young boy, I've had a thing about American cars. Back in April a dream came true when I bought my 1st ... A Dodge Nitro 2.8 Diesel SXT (UK Spec.), something a little different (Ranger Rovers, Cayennes and
X5's are two a penny here)
It's been fitted with the 20" alternative rims (special edition supposedly here?) The twin 5 spoke, machined face, painted black insets.

Here in Aberdeen, Scotland, the winters can be pretty cold, pretty snowy and not to mention, pretty tricky to get around ... Sweet 20" wheels and standard road tyres just arent going to cut it during the winter months and I don't want to ding them either.

My question to you guys is:
What wheel and tyre combo can I fit?
I was thinking about, smaller, 16"? modular wheels but it's the tyre size that stumping me ...
I also saw a set of Dick Cepek wheels and tyres fitted to a Jeep (NICE) and wondered if these will work? I just need some advice or direction on tyre sizes.

Any help and advice would be great ...

Cheers guys ... a huge Nitro UK fan.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Howard,

Welcome to the site. Pretty cool you have the 2.8 diesel under the hood. You don't see those here often (I have yet to see one).

Assuming the wheel and tire specs are the same as the US version. It looks like it shouldn't be difficult to run a 16" wheel and tire combo on there. We'd recommend looking into a 16x8 or 16x8.5" wheel with an 18-25mm offset. When it comes to tires, look into the 245/70R16, 255/70R16 or 235/75R16 sizes. There should be plenty of options to choose from. Good luck!

If you want to compare these tire sizes to what you have now, here's a tire size calculator that will help: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoTireMath.jsp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts