Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Wrangler SRT6

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rickaren 
#1 ·
Wrangler SRT6
Here's what we know: It'll have a supercharged version of the 4.0L V-6 from the Dodge Nitro R/T that will make 415 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque with 7.5 psi of boost. Underneath will be a Dana 44 frontend and a hybrid Dana 60 rearend (rumor has it Jeep has been working with Dynatrac to develop it). The suspension will be lowered to make it more racy for the street.

LINK: http://www.jpmagazine.com/news/154_0704_april_2007_jeep_industry_news

#2 ·
OK Rick, I do see this post, but I gotta wonder if Jeep is just foolin' around making a 1-off SEMA cruiser. To me, it looks like a massaged NITRO with a Wrangler front grill. Which makes me want to ask, Why didn't they just call it a Liberty SRT6? Only thing I figure is if they call it a Wrangler it will attract more attention because Jeep fanatics have never really cared for the Liberty. They aren't going to care for a lowered Wrangler Wagoneer street vehicle either! Hehehe, I gotta laugh at the whole thing!

#3 ·
Yes you could be right but what if Factory High Performance Engine Parts would be made avaiable for the 4.0 engine! As we should all know this engine will become history and replaced in about two years anyway, so wouldn't it be nice to know that it will not be an Orphan and that HP parts will be made for it? The best way for this to happen is for Nitro R/T engine to be used in a Jeep, too. As far as I know it is not, but could be in 2008. Time will tell, but at least it could happen, maybe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.