Dodge Nitro Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,122 Posts
Doing a Google Search I found:

replacement @ 125000 miles or 120 months (that's 10 years)

·
Super Moderator
23,122 Posts
Dodge Nitro 2.8 crd R/T

Published on Mar 18, 2013

·
Super Moderator
23,122 Posts
Dodge Nitro 4wd CRD Winter OffRoad

Dodge Nitro 4wd CRD Winter OffRoad

Published on Mar 4, 2015

This is my friends car, it's doing pretty damn good, it only has std winter tires, 2"lift, modded front bumber and no low 4wd.

Very wet snow, soon it's gone... then we can hit mudding...

·
Super Moderator
23,122 Posts
Dodge nitro R/T Startech

Published on Jan 1, 2016

·
Registered
2 Posts
Getting 2 VIN - Can't go beyond 3000rpm

Hi Everybody,
I have a very serious problem with a 2008 (2010 in paper) Dodge Nitro CRD 2.8. I bought it 6 months ago with an Injector issue, after 80KM/h the engine turns off. I bought 4 new Original Injectors from Bosch. The dealer installed it and the issue was still there. After they said, Starter and I found a new starter. Then Sensor and I bought a new sensors. But the problem was still there.

Then I decided to buy a new complete engine. Dealer installed the new Engine (with the 4 new Injectors and starter). The Vehicle is now running but at my great surprise, the transmission is low and stuck at 60mph (one at 60mph it'll not add a single mph) and cannot accelerate more than 3000rpm.

First, dealer told me it was Catalytic Converter and Exhaust Gas Temperature, I bought them and he installed them but it still the same.

After that they told me that the Car computer needs to be refreshed/reprogrammed using OBD interface. They tried that and now told me that the car is giving them two different VIN that is why their OBD interface and software cannot communicate or remove the fault codes.

Now, they told me that may be their OBD interface does not work well with this Dodge.

I want to share this experience with the communauty and see if some body can help me solve this issue? May be someone experienced the same problem.

Note: The car is running fine but can't go beyond 60mph (3000rpm), Engine Light is ON, Vehicle Security Alarm is ON, ESP BAS is ON and Break also.

·
Super Moderator
23,122 Posts
2007 Dodge Nitro 177hp 2.8 CRDI

Published on Jul 27, 2016

►Dodge Nitro Photo Gallery: racingvideo.tv

New Test Car: 2007 Dodge Nitro 177hp 2.8 CRDI

·
Registered
4 Posts
Uk 2.8 CRD coolant level? NO MAX!!

Hi I am confused by the coolant expansion tank, it seems to have a secondary section that appears to be empty, and the tank has a minimum mark but NO maximum so although I can see how low it should be filled I cant see what the maximum I can fill it to is!! why is the part on the left empty? I think this is only on the diesel models, I have searched the net and nothing comes up, I'm hoping that topping my coolant up will sort my heating out as it does not work, but I don't want to over fill it, if I overfill it is there a relief valve anywhere as it's a pressurised system or will i blow a pipe? a max mark would be better! I hunted everywhere for a bleed screw to bleed the system but cant find one anywhere so I assume its self bleeding? if anyone with a 2.8 can help I would be very grateful
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,122 Posts
Dodge Nitro 2.8 crd 4x4 traversée de Riviere / Crossing River

Published on Aug 20, 2017

·
Super Moderator
23,122 Posts
2007 Dodge Nitro 2.8 CRD Special Edition

Jul 22, 2018

·