Dodge Nitro Forum banner

81 - 81 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the late response but I am trouble shooting the same issue, no floor heat. If you still have your Nitro, the upper actuator located above & to the right above the gas pedal controls the Defrost, Vents and Floor and a blend of all in between. Our 2011 Nitro has Defrost and Vent function but no floor heat. Upon removing the actuators both of which are secured to a mounting plate, I discovered that the gear on the left side of the heater housing that is driven by the upper actuator has broken teeth and the actuator cannot move it through the cycle to divert hear/cooling to the floor. To replace the broken gear, the entire dash, steering wheel & console must be removed as well as the heater box, a very time consuming and involved process. Check out the attached YOUTUBE video which illustrates this. We also have a 2008 Nitro that has the exact same issue. It appears this is a common problem with the Nitro and Jeep products with the same heater assembly. I have attached a photo of the damaged gear which extends through the heater housing and is driving by the actuator. There is also a very good Hilltown YOUTUBE video which also illustrates the broken gear. Hope you find this information beneficial,

IMG_6199[1].JPG

81 - 81 of 81 Posts