Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi again! I brought my Nitro to another dealer and they told me I need to replace the heater housing unit. They checked the heater core and said it was fine, so they have no idea what the other dealership was thinking. Even though my warranty has expired, they are going to only charge me 15% of the full cost of the repair ($200.00 versus $1300), so I think that's a pretty good deal. Hopefully, this will fix the problem. Thanks for helping!

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Hi again! I brought my Nitro to another dealer and they told me I need to replace the heater housing unit. They checked the heater core and said it was fine, so they have no idea what the other dealership was thinking. Even though my warranty has expired, they are going to only charge me 15% of the full cost of the repair ($200.00 versus $1300), so I think that's a pretty good deal. Hopefully, this will fix the problem. Thanks for helping!
Just for reference (and to help understand what your issue was) would you please post the factory part # this Dealer replaced for you (should be on your paid receipt), to correct your issue. Thanks and good luck and thanks for the follow-up.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Just for reference (and to help understand what your issue was) would you please post the factory part # this Dealer replaced for you (should be on your paid receipt), to correct your issue. Thanks and good luck and thanks for the follow-up.
x2. I'm thinking that it might be a piece of the ducting. If I were you, take the invoice to your original dealer. Demand to see the owner, and demand you want some kind of compensation. You might get a new Viper, if you are lucky!

:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Part replacement

The second dealer replaced the heating housing unit (part #68004022-AA) and guess what? I have heat! I am going to call the first dealer and ask them to refund the $400.00 I spent to not have the problem fixed.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
The second dealer replaced the heating housing unit (part #68004022-AA) and guess what? I have heat! I am going to call the first dealer and ask them to refund the $400.00 I spent to not have the problem fixed.

Thanks!
Great News! Thanks for the follow-up. It never made any sense since you had heat (right-side) that you would need what the first Dealership recommended like a radiator, thermostat, heater core and so on for some big repair bucks. If you were experiencing no heat, maybe. Glad you got the issue addressed at a fair price and now have a Dealer that you can trust for any future service. Good Luck in the future with your Nitro, too.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

Thanks!
Thanks for getting back to us. I am glad that you have your problem fixed. Let us know what your dealer has to say to you. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heater Fan Not working

I had my heater blower resistor and control module replace just 9 months ago on my 2010 Nitro and now the blower is not working again. Is this a known issue? I spent a cool $600 on the repair March 2013. The heater appear to be working as it gets warm but the fan do not work at any speed or make any noise. The warranty states 12 months or 12,000 miles on parts; it's been 9 months and 14, 000 miles. Can the dealer deny warranty repair?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
They can deny coverage based on your mileage - you are 2,000 over. But, there is a deeper issue because it has happened again. Go back to your dealer and sweet talk them. Their reputation is at stake here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
New issue

I went to the dealer who made the repair and after having my truck for six hours they said it was the blower fan now. Part $159 and $400 for labor; after pleading they said they would do it at cost. Then they said $249 for labor. I don't trust them because I had another issue with them charging parts I told them not to.

I contacted a dealer 20 miles farther down the road and the same part is $10 cheap and the quote on the labor is $125. Go figure, $275 difference in labor charge from dealers.

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Yes all Dealers are not created equal! Find a good one and stay with them. Just maybe you might purchase another vehicle from them in the future. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I guess that I am one of the lucky ones that has a "good dealer". I have been a repeat customer for many years because they have always treated me fairly, IMHO. My next vehicle will be a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, when the Nitro begins to fade, and I will purchase it from my dealer. I will not shop around - no need to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heater knob control

Ok I'm new here but have a question hoping someone can help.... I have a 2010 Nitro and two days ago my heater control stopped working.... Heater turns on and off just fine, blows hot air and temp can still be adjusted but the location the air comes out won't change.... So I have heat on the face... No feet, no defrost, no mix..... Just face... Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Ok I'm new here but have a question hoping someone can help.... I have a 2010 Nitro and two days ago my heater control stopped working.... Heater turns on and off just fine, blows hot air and temp can still be adjusted but the location the air comes out won't change.... So I have heat on the face... No feet, no defrost, no mix..... Just face... Any ideas?
As you have figured out it is just your CLIMATE CONTROL PANEL selector that is not working that may be caused by the blend door not moving. I found that there is a 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro Air Flap Actuator Dorman

but maybe something else like a fuse or the blend door stuck or a wire loose. Not really sure. You can check the controller by removing the radio bezel and you should be able to move the door manually to check out it is functioning. Good Luck and let us know what you find.

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Welcome laplantet

The Mode Control (all heater/AC settings )on the Nitro is confusing. On mine I have to set it to the "head of the figure" to have air flow on the floor NOT the "floor of that figure" Also if either of the PUSH lights are on the Temperature Control or the Mode Control that may be an issue too. They should be off. Have you played to make sure the three control knobs are set correctly?

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Coolant Flush How-to: Dodge Nitro (2007-2011)

Coolant Flush How-to: Dodge Nitro (2007-2011)

Video Description

Adding engine coolant (also known as antifreeze) to your 2011 Dodge Nitro is pretty easy. Engine coolant circulates through your engine to keep it cool in the summer but won't freeze in the winter. Make sure to check your engine when it is cold for an accurate reading. The video above shows you where the coolant reservoir in your Nitro is located and how to add coolant. Be sure to check your owners manual to determine the correct type of fluid to add - for Dodges, it will typically be in a section titled Fluid Capacities in the back of your manual. Mix the coolant with distilled water so that you have a combination of 50% coolant and 50% water. Some coolants will come premixed...that is, you don't need to add any water. These coolants will typically say 50/50 or pre-mixed on the front of the coolant bottle.

Removing the coolant reservoir cap on a warm engine could cause the cap to fly off at a high rate of speed and fluid to spray out of the reservoir. Always wear safety goggles when working on your Nitro. Promptly wipe up any spilled fluid as it is highly toxic. Animals love its sweet taste, so even a spilling a small amount on your garage floor can end up in the dog's stomach pretty quickly. If you notice an oily surface in your coolant, immediately have your mechanic inspect your Nitro for head gasket leakage

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Coolant Level Check: 2007-2011 Nitro

Coolant Level Check: 2007-2011 Nitro

Video Description

Adding engine coolant (also known as antifreeze) to your 2011 Dodge Nitro is pretty easy. Engine coolant circulates through your engine to keep it cool in the summer but won't freeze in the winter. Make sure to check your engine when it is cold for an accurate reading. The video above shows you where the coolant reservoir in your Nitro is located and how to add coolant. Be sure to check your owners manual to determine the correct type of fluid to add - for Dodges, it will typically be in a section titled Fluid Capacities in the back of your manual. Mix the coolant with distilled water so that you have a combination of 50% coolant and 50% water. Some coolants will come premixed...that is, you don't need to add any water. These coolants will typically say 50/50 or pre-mixed on the front of the coolant bottle.

Removing the coolant reservoir cap on a warm engine could cause the cap to fly off at a high rate of speed and fluid to spray out of the reservoir. Always wear safety goggles when working on your Nitro. Promptly wipe up any spilled fluid as it is highly toxic. Animals love its sweet taste, so even a spilling a small amount on your garage floor can end up in the dog's stomach pretty quickly. If you notice an oily surface in your coolant, immediately have your mechanic inspect your Nitro for head gasket leakage

·
Registered
1 Posts
driver side vent blows cold

My wife has a 2010 nitro. The driver side dash vent and driver side defroster blow a lot cooler than middle or passenger side vents. I changed the actuator next to the drivers right leg and no difference. I cannot find anything on web that is of any help. Does anyone here know what the problem might be? it is sxt model with heated seats does not have individual heat settings for vents, Thanks

Welcome eekwiet

I found this Thread that might help with your issue.

NOTE: Heating and AC air flow from vents difference are a common issue due to distribution early on but your 2010 Nitro should not be experiencing. Early years had an issue with the distribution flap or foam coming loose inside and keeping the flap inside the heater case from moving properly.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts