Dodge Nitro Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Found this "Online" that at least worked for another Nitro owner. Might want to give this a try?

OK, I pulsed the water hose on high for about 15-20 minutes through both sides of the heater core. Never saw any dirty junk for heard anything pop lose. Then I hooked the hoses up to it in reverse. Everything is working great now, awesome amounts of heat!

SOURCE

I was thinking that if the heater core was not operating at 100% you would surly receive more heat from the RS vents since the heater core is located at the far right side behind the glove box. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2007 R/T with 123K miles and have the same heat problem with cold air out the left side vents but hot air on passenger side. Changed all three actuators with no change. Also replaced the control panel that has all three knobs to select Heat-A/C and blower speed settings, etc... Statement of early year Nitro's had an issue with the distribution flap or foam coming loose inside and keeping the flap inside the heater case from moving properly looks to be the problem unless someone else has any other ideas... :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
HVAC blowing cold in one half of the Nitro

Suggestions would be appreciated. The vent next to the drivers side door has always blown cold for some reason. Never paid much attention to it as the vehicle still got warm inside. However now the drivers side vent in the center console is also blowing cold? The vent right next to it still blows warm as does the vent next to the passengers side door. I'm confused, all the blower settings work and I am still getting hot air from 2 vents, even when idling, so I assume the heater core isn't plugged. It has been cold this week, single digits, but its Wisconsin and it gets cold every year and we haven't had an issue before.

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Heater Issues

jnelson_14

Welcome and you are not alone. I have posted several Links on your issue and I'm sure there are more. Not sure there is one answer but it could be that the plastic distribution box under the center of the dash is not working properly. Could be a solenoid or that foam inside has caused a obstruction? It would be helpful to others here to report back what you find to correct this ongoing issue on Nitro. Good Luck

Radiator vs. coolant?

Heater knob control

Heater issues

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
How to Flush a Heater Core (Fast)

Published on Dec 19, 2014

Is your heat not working or is your heater not hot? You may have a clogged heater core so do a heater core flush and unclog it. Learn how to flush your heater core and get it working to full capacity again instead of spending hundreds on a replacement!

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Car Heater Not Working - Troubleshooting Repair Tips

Published on Oct 1, 2013

When a car heater doesn't work, the most common cause is low coolant. When troubleshooting to try and repair the car heater, check the coolant ONLY when the engine is cold. That's because removing the coolant cap on a hot pressurized system can result in severe burns. If a cooling system is full and there's still no hot air coming from the vents, there could be air trapped in the system. A Lisle coolant funnel can be used to burp air out of the system if the pressure cap goes directly on the radiator in your system. If the pressure cap is located on the reserve bottle and not the radiator the Lisle funnel will not help. The bottle in that case does the same thing as the funnel as explained in the repair video. However the Vacuum fill system by FJC can be used to fill cooling systems and eliminates air being trapped by using vacuum and the coolant is drawn into the system. The link to our car repair article with more tips and tools mentioned in the video is here - Wise Auto Tool Blog » Car Heater Not Working? Troubleshooting, How to Fix Repair Tips...

·
Registered
2 Posts
i kinda have that issue. I have a 2011 nitro shock edition. I got it last year in march, and i love it. When i have the heater on on the floor the passenger gets some heat i get cold breezes on the driver side. Not only most of the heat comes out of the window vents. I do have a warranty ($100 deductable) i dont know if itll be better to do that or take it to a garage to get fixed.

Any help is appreciated
Ryan

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Nitro BODY DUCTS

2007 Dodge Nitro BODY DUCTS
BODY/DUCTS for 2007 Dodge Nitro
Select DUCTS Part
2007 Dodge Nitro

No. Part # Description List Price Price
1 68004012AA FLOOR DUCT, RIGHT

UPPER
$12.75 $8.64
2 68004011AA FLOOR DUCT, LEFT

UPPER
$11.75 $7.97
3 68004013AA FLOOR DUCT, LEFT

LOWER
$12.75 $8.64
4 55037825AE DEFROSTER DUCT

$21.75 $14.75
5 55037872AF INLET DUCT

$12.45 $8.42
6 55037827AD HEAT DUCT

$11.95 $8.08
7 1DZ281DVAA AIR DUCT, RIGHT

GRAY
$160.00 $108.25
7 1DZ281J8AA AIR DUCT, RIGHT

KHAKI
- -
8 1DZ271DVAA AIR DUCT, LEFT

GRAY
$150.00 $101.64
8 1DZ271J8AA AIR DUCT, LEFT

KHAKI
- -

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Nitro Coolant Leak Replacing The Heater Core

Published on May 28, 2016

https://www.facebook.com/integrityaut... Hey there Racer Rob and the team here at Integrity Auto Care and I'm very proud of my technician and how he jumped right in and did a FANTASTIC job on our Sweat 360 VIP Clients 2010 Dodge Nitro heater core! Check out the video to see how he had to take out the entire dash just to replace the the heater core! Enjoy Racer Rob and the team over and out...

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
2008 Dodge Nitro Dash Removal

Published on Feb 9, 2017

2008 dodge nitro dashboard removal, i made this video to help other nitro owners remove dash who don't won't to incur the pricy repair cost of a leaking heater be careful....
UNPLUG BATTERY WAIT 15MIN B4 to allow airbag system time to deactivate
be sure unplug blowers and actuator there is five connectors on the housing two on drivers and three on passenger the before u pull the hvac housing completely out. Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Diagnose and Fix No Working Heat

Published on Jan 23, 2017

I have a 2008 Jeep Liberty with a heating problem. I will show you what I have checked and fixed to get it up and running again. This works for 2008 and newer models of the Jeep Liberty's. Also should work for 2007 and newer Dodge Nitro's.
1. Heater Core: This most likely will be your main issue. Mine was already leaking and a replacement is a must to avoid future problems. Could try flushing the heater core.
2. Blower engine: It's under the dash, passenger side and easy to replace.
3. Climate Control Panel: Circuit or knobs go bad, but easy to get to. Remove center panel, which also gives you access to the radio.
4. Blend Door Motor: Could be stuck or need replacement. When you take this off, do not move the climate control knobs.

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
2010 dodge nitro mode doors broken

Published on Dec 10, 2016
Heater mode door broken 2010 dodge nitro

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Dodge nitro no heat.

Nov 4, 2017
car was not blowing heat for too long maximum a day and then it wont blow again.. no overheating..

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
2008 Dodge Nitro heater core no heat

Dec 3, 2017
I replaced the heater core of my girlfriends 2008 Dodge Nitro 3.7 V6. I am hoping this video gives you some helpful tips. This is not to be a full step by step video, this is meant to help you get started and also to show how most of the dash comes apart.

One thing i forgot to mention in the video is you will need to refill your A/C after you do this job.

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Dodge nitro no heat..

Nov 4, 2017
car was not blowing heat for too long maximum a day and then it wont blow again.. no overheating..

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Climate Controls

Climate Controls

Manual Heating and Air Conditioning

Are your Instrument Panel Controls Set Correctly? Check Here

Automatic Temperature Control (ATC)

Are your Instrument Panel Controls Set Correctly? Check Here

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Dodge Nitro coolant leak/overheating replacing heater core

Sep 12, 2017
Heater core replacement

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts
Heater Distribution Box

Aug 24, 2018
Buy Now Online: https://www.officialwholesaleautopart...

DISCOUNT CODE: Use code 'YouTube10' at checkout for 10% off shipping.

PRODUCT DETAILS
Other Names: Expansion Valve, 068004022aa, Housing-Distribution
Description: Liberty.

·
Super Moderator
23,126 Posts

Mopar Part No.: 68004022AA

HOUSING-DISTRIBUTION
Mopar 68004022AA HOUSING-DISTRIBUTION
Part Description HOUSING Distribution

Includes: Levers, Links, Doors, Screws, Clip, Duct, Actuator Plate, Baffle, Cam and U-Nut
Manufacturer Mopar. This genuine Mopar part is guaranteed by Mopar's factory warranty.

LINK

41 - 60 of 68 Posts